Nissan Titan Forum banner

Hit a Deer in new Texas Titan

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  nascarjody 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. Let me first say, "Thank you" for allowing me to join your club. I am a registered nurse (male) from Amarillo, Texas. I am married and have a 13 year old son. I recently purchased a 2009 Nissan Texas Titan King Cab 2wd in Galaxy Black. Absolutely beautiful truck. Well, on November 7, 2009 I was traveling from Amarillo to Dallas for the NASCAR race. I was traveling alone with tailgating supplies as my family was flying to Dallas. My parents were also flying in from Colorado Springs for the race. At 3:45 in the morning I hit a deer between Claude and Clarendon Texas. 353 miles were on the truck. needless to say I was heart broken. I managed to limp into Clarendon Texas and pulled under a gas station awening to inspect the damage. Surprisingly only the left headlight, left bumper, and left rear bumper were damaged. The deer spun around and hit my back bumper pulling it out several inches. Guys, I hit this deer at 70 mph. It instantly appeared and ran into the front of my truck. Ironically it was opening day for Deer in Texas and I am a vegetarian. I continued on to Dallas and stopped at a parts store to replace the front headlamp and put clear duct tape over the broken out lens. I drove back to Amarillo on Tuesday and immediately took the truck to the body shop my insurance company recommended. The damage was only $2,500. I got my truck back this past Thursday (11-19-09) and it looks and drives perfect. My friends and family have glossed the truck "Deer Slayer." I traded in a 2008 Nissan Frontier and 2008 Nissan Versa for the Titan. My wife drives a 2009 Nissan Sentra. We are without a doubt proud Nissan owners. I sold Nissans back in the early to mid 90's and learned how well built they were back then. I have big plans for my Titan. I am going to add a chrome hood protector, chrome bed rails, ram air intake, true dual exhaust, and a superchip. The Texas package added a bit of chrome already. I see a lot of black trucks with way too much chrome. I will post a picture of "Deer Slayer" and look forward to making many friends on this format. Later, Darrell

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to CT. That bites about messing up such a new Titan.

#6 ·
Try keeping your "kills" to Dodge Rams, Ford F-150s, etc.!! LOL!

Welcome to CT!

-Lab

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.