Nissan Titan Forum banner

best exhaust for the 05?

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jerry helton 
#1 ·
What would be the best exhaust for an 05 titan. Getting a k&n cold air installed on monday!

#6 ·
JBA is a good option, little expense and can be done in the driveway with very few tools by almost anyone.

Magnaflow muffler swapped into your existing system is a cheap upgrade, but for most people it requires a shop to weld it in.

The complete exhaust off a 2008 or newer Titan is a big improvement over the design our trucks started with. These can be found cheap, or free, on the boards and classified sites. A Magnaflow or Borla swapped into a exhaust removed from a newer Titan is likely the best bang for the buck...but not as easy as ordering and bolting on the JBA.

Do a search for "My exhaust findings" by Shailey, its an old thread with everything you need to know.

#8 ·
#9 ·
I bought my T a little over a year ago. The first thing I did was buy a Magnaflow muffler. It cost me around $50bucks to have it installed. Next I bought a S&B cai , put it on myself.Lastly I purchased a Hypertech Max energy programmer. My truck went from a 15.70 to a 14.60 with these mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.