Nissan Titan Forum banner

Best working Air intake/Exhaust

9K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  skromfols 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, Iam new to the Nissan Titan world, I just bought an extremely clean 04 Titan Crew Cab SE, 80k bone stock, Ive been reading post after post and really want to know what the best bang for my buck exhaust and Cold Air intake is for these trucks, Ive seen a lot of Banks and Gibbson exhausts for these trucks what about intakes? any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :big_grin:

#2 ·
Maaan! Welcome to the club! I'll tell you what I got, and you can take it from there. I have a 2010 HMC CC. I have a S&B cai, magnaflow muffler and a Hypertech Max energy programmer. I have run a 9.34 in the eighth and a 14.60 in the quarter. I ain't scared of any HEMI ecoboost ,or raptor or tundra or 6.2 gm

#3 ·
Hey Case9121

When asked what kind of air intakes are the best for Titans, we would definitely recommend the ones made by K&N. For many times the company has proved, that they are the ultimate leaders when it comes to air intakes and air filters. We bet that you will be impressed by the long lasting quality and durability of their items.

K&N - Nissan Titan 2004-2015 77 Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake Kit - http://www.carid.com/2004-nissan-titan-air-intakes/kn-air-intakes-77-series-325103.html

Check out this DynoJet Research, it will give you a general idea about the horsepower gain. Hope you find it helpful: http://www.carid.com/images/kn/air-intakes/pdf/kn-air-intake-77-6012kp-dyno-chart.pdf

If you have any questions regarding the products at CARiD, shipping or anything else please post your questions in this thread. We will be glad to assist!

Michael.

#7 ·
Intake - Airaid MXP
Exhaust - JBA or Cajun-B-Pipes "Catback Ypipe"

#10 ·
Seriously!? All Titans come throttle restricted until 45 mph. Take the restriction off via computer programmer. Add a good cai , which I have S&B and then let it breathe. A good cai is good for a tenth of a second, which is about a truck length. Have you ever been beat by a truck length? I call that getting your butt handed to you on a silver platter

#11 ·
You haven't said that you really want to achieve with your modifications. Are you looking for quarter mile times, sound, reliability, or ? I also have an 04 Titan that I purchased new in 04. I wanted reliability, a deep mellow exhaust and good pulling power (I frequently tow a medium size utility trailer). I went with the Volant intake because I like the looks and it had good reviews. It was relatively easy to install and in 150,000 miles has been trouble free and easy to keep clean. I went with the Magnaflow cat back dual exhaust and I like the sound and the looks. I still receive many compliments on the looks and sound of my truck, even though it's 11 yrs old. I have not put my truck on the dyno, but it's certainly not hurting for power or torque, and the mellow exhaust is just what I was looking for.

Take some time to consider what you want to accomplish, then look around on this and other Titan forums and I'm sure that you'll find just what you're looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.