post #41 of 48 Old 09-01-2007, 10:47 AM
spody
SHIFT_commited-mentally
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to spody
I've heard that CR is quite biased when it comes to these types of things. Apparently, if your company doesn't give them something(like a bribe) you get bad reviews. JMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 SE KC OR w/ some stuff
'71 FJ 40 w/ Bigger stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I've spent alot of money on trucks and booze , the rest I wasted".
-Cody-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 Old 09-01-2007, 11:14 AM
KenmoreTitan
Shift_Enthusiast

My rant.

Consumer reports are not car enthusiasts. They don't know a thing about cars and I am sure that the way that they calculate reliablility would shock most people.

People do buy cars based on their recommendations, these are people who need to be told what to do. Just like my trade in, a 96 Pathfinder at 166k all city driving, I am sure that my Titan will still be on the road long after I would be seen in it.

BTW, people are taking shots at the electronics in the truck saying that the block is solid...electronics in 2004 until today are far more relaible than anything mechanical. I have not heard a single issue with the electronics in Titans, did I miss something?

Finally, if the perception of Titan reliability was poor then they would not sell for the ungodly amounts used that they do.
post #43 of 48 Old 09-01-2007, 12:10 PM
PRO4X Dude
Shift_Newbie

Garage
This is my second Titan. The first one was an 04 brand new. Put over 50K on it with no problems. They obviously need to redo their research.

Jet

Currently: 2016 Nissan Titan XD PRO-4X.

Previous: 2004 Nissan Titan SE, 2008.5 Nissan Titan PRO-4X.

post #44 of 48 Old 09-03-2007, 11:42 PM
bulldog
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave
http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/30/auto...ion=2007083112

consumer reports is saying so...
Consumer Reports' "Bad bets" for making 200,000 miles: BMW 7-series, Infiniti QX56, Jaguar X-type, V8-powered Mercedes-Benz M-class, Mercedes-Benz SL, Nissan Armada, Nissan Titan, Volkswagen Touareg, V6-powered Volvo XC90.

Bad bet to make 200k. What is wrong with our motors/trannies making 200k. I say WRONG again CR. Lets send these guys some letters.

Mercedes too...come on Consumer reports. WAKE up and smell the coffee guys your wrong wrong wrong.

Ha ha! I'm at 113,000 with no sign of any problems. I hope I'm the first to prove them wrong....but I'm sure someone out there has more miles.

2004 King 4X4 - with goodies!

Vegatables ain't food....vegatables is what food eats!
post #45 of 48 Old 09-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Golfnut
Shift_lurker

ok folks...please keep in mind that Consumer Reports also says we should all buy the Honda Ridgeline due to the fact that it has the most "car-like ride" in any "truck"........

You must understand first and foremost that the people on staff at this magazine are primarily concerned with gas mileage, emissions (naturally - they rate nearly every hybrid vehicle highly), and plush car-like rides......never have they rated a truck based on truck capabilities (ie: payload, towing capacity, etc...).

Just my two cents.

'04 Crew Cab LE, 4X4, Big Tow, Off-Road, DVD, navigation, sunroof, Gibson cat-back exhaust, 2* timing advance (Thanks Galen), modified stock intake with K & N drop-in filter, '05+ stock rear-end cover, all synthetic fluids, Bilstein 5100's up front with Icon shocks in rear - nice riding combo...
post #46 of 48 Old 09-04-2007, 01:31 PM
robpar
Shift_lurker

If you look at the list of cars that CR chose, they are all rather low volume vehicles except the Nissans. This is likely because of the low number of early model vehicles. CR seems to run their statistics without regard to the size of the sample, so that a few problems can skew the results. As mentioned the early Titans had some brake and diff problems that have since been solved.

My experience as a mechanic is that the Japanese electrical systems are the best with the American systems very close behind and the European 12 volt systems just terrible. I have not been in the trade for awhile but most of those cars were European and high end so that they have a lot of electrical systems to go wrong.

I do not pay much attention to CR on automotive matters as I do not think they really have two clues on cars and trucks.

My 2 cents worth.

Bob Parry

Black 07 Titan KC LE 4x4
Home British Columbia Canada
post #47 of 48 Old 09-04-2007, 01:52 PM
54warrior
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to 54warrior
I plan on keeping mine that long, so I hope I get to find out!!!

2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4
6" Stage 1 Procomp Lift, SAW Coilovers-Front, Bilstein 5125 Series Shocks-Rear, Total Chaos Shackles, Custom Skid Plates
35x12.50-18 Kumho Road Venture M/T, 18x9" KMC Addict's, PRG Billet Drive Shaft Spacer, PRG Street Traction Bars, Hella 500 Series Driving Lights
post #48 of 48 Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 PM
jljue
Shift_Newbie

In my opinion, CR is nothing but a bunch of tree-hugging, fuel-economy loving, liberals that don't understand trucks and people who drive and use trucks. It's very obvious with their recommendation of a Honda Ridgeline. Yeah, I'd like to see what would happen with one of them when you hook up a real trailer with a real load that some of us pull with our trucks. Also, they tend to base their opinions on old data and don't often retest until a new model is released. Apparently, the '08's major-minor revision wasn't enough to require retesting like the new releases from GM and Toyota.

To get a better ideal of what a truck is about and how it may do in the long haul, you are better off with truck magazines and the internet. Popular Mechanics and Car and Driver seem to favor the Titan, but C&D doesn't really understand trucks either.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode