Nissan Titan Forum banner

New Texas titan owner

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Kopperking 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just want to say hello. My name is zach and I am 21 yrs old and a business major here at UNT. I will be ordering my titan within the next week or so but I'm glad I can finally join this forum. This forum is the REASON why I got a Titan, with all the great info you guys have given on the forums has really helped in my decision in getting a new truck and picking the TITAN. My last truck was an Xterra and I'm coming over from the XOC, and for those of you who have visited there..it can get pretty crazy. Glad to be here :happy:

P.S. Anybody have a FFV or are all Titans FFV? If not do I more likely have to order one?

#3 ·
Welcome!

#4 ·
Welcome. What the hell is FFV?

#5 ·
Nope..didnt hack into the system, but those B*$#@!* got into my account :grrr:, went through a lot of trouble to try and prevent Identity theft. FFV is Flex Fuel Vehichle. I hear the Endurance V8 can run off of E85. Just wondering what some guys here did to get thiers as a FFV

#6 ·
Never heard of it. Hopefully someone here can answer the question.

#7 ·
It's true. The Titan, among some other newer vehicles, have the ability to run off certain "ethanol" fuels (clean fuel). The owners manual tells you more about it. I didn't read too much into it b/c I don't even think that's an option around here. Welcome to the Forum! Glad you chose a REAL truck!!! A MAN's TRUCK...unless you're a super-cool female that can pull it off (Baja, JPP) ("super-cool" sounds gay, i know, but I wansn't trying to offend anyone by saying "mega-sexy female"!)

:rofl:

#11 ·
Correct. I can't say for price, but it's cleaner. BUT, less ponies on the loose when burning it. What's next...a Titan Hybrid???

#12 ·
You truck has to be set up for it. It will note it on the window sticker as well as inside the gas fill door.
You will not save any money on using it because the MPG drops by 40%. The closest station to you is in Oklahoma City where I found the price to be exactly the same as unleaded. In Kansas it's only 10 cents a gallon cheaper than unleaded.
The engine runs the same and you will not polute the air as much.
The price has to get in line before the majority of people will start using it.
I'm glad mine has it, because in the future it may save some money, but not today.

More info on this post http://www.clubtitan.org/postlite5026-e85.html

#15 ·
Yeah E85 is cheaper...I have grandparents in MN and its like 60 cents cheaper than gas

#16 ·
Welcome to the club!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.