Nissan Titan Forum banner

04 titan loss of power

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Rasta 
#1 ·
I am looking for some help with this problem , my o4 titan crew cab 160k miles about a month go this problem began , i was stuck in traffic for about 15 mins and when I went to accelerate to move the truck lost power it felt as if it was firing off 3 cylinders it did not shut off but i had no power what so ever , i shut the truck off then started it back up in a minute and it ran fine since that incident if I leave the truck idling for a prolong time when you accelerate there is no power it begin to sputter and you can hear the misfire it also looses power when accelerating hard for instance when passing a nother vehicle and you have to accelerate 3k rpm or more. I have the checked the codes and i have the p0420 and p0430 code , my catalytic converters were breaking apart so i had the ceramic removed (shhh) so they catalytic hollow . Trips to the mechanic shops have not yielded any positive results they are telling me its the cat causing the issue ,i have also replace the ipdm relay. has anyone had this issue or similar ? if you can please help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.