Nissan Titan Forum banner

New on here

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  nisszman 
#1 ·
Hi guys I dont have a titan first off, I have a 370z, and an old gen1 xterra lowered 3" with titan wheels, and a vk56de sitting in my garage that doesnt know where it is going to end up lol. I look forward to talking with you guys now that my 3 day attempt to make an account has finally succeeded.

#7 ·
Yeah I actually started doing it until I realized how much really has to change and that it would take a really long time to get everything sorted out and done right not to mention you lose all the vdc, abs, guages, push button start, and the security on the 370 because it is all dependant on signals from the ecu over can, and the titan uses the older de style ecu so noneof the can stuff works on the same protocol system and the ecu cant talk to the bcm or newer on board modules. In the 350 its doable in the 370 its a joke unless you rewire the whole damn car.

#9 ·
Once I get my computer up and running my hard drive took a crap and its supposed tobe ready for pickup "any minute now" -what they have been saying for the last three days. What was really nice was in the 70's when so long as it bolted in it would fire right up, just had to connect the same 3 wires, and you could tune the ignition curve with a file and the fuel with a screwdriver lol

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dont get me wrong I love efi but the newer nissan stuff makes me want to blow my brains out, who in their right mind decided to code all the boxes together so that you cant interchange anything? I have worked with uprev on the 370 and other than adding fuel and shutting off dtc flags you cant do anything with it. The timing does whatever the F it wants and none of the cam tables actually work reliably. You can make a change it will stick for one dyno pull and then regardless of what you have in the tables the ecu will still do the exact same thing it did before

#13 ·
Maybe you don't know haw to properly use UpRev.....

#14 ·
Or maybe the decoding for the 370z isn't that good, Ecutek is much easier to dial a tune in on my car MUCH easier. For the titans, de's, hr's, uprev works great but on the vvel motors it's like ignition and all the valve control is still in beta, fuel works fine, and it's not to hard to pull timing but there is some dark voodoo ju-ju required to add timing. If you want a laugh read uprev's instructions on the vhr ignition correction table. They had to add an extra table that you just punch in a change and hope it does what you want "to add one degree of timing add about 10-15 to the cells" Ecutek's timing tables are all in degrees of crank timing, not mystery figures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.