Nissan Titan Forum banner

Factory E locker in an open diff housing

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TitanBlue 
#1 ·
First off Hello and i love the site. I have been lurking since 08 when i bought my first import, an 06 CC 4x4 titan. i have been modding since.

I have searched like crazy and found nothing anywhere about someone putting an e locker carrier into an open differential housing.

If someone has done this or can direct me to the proper link i would be very grateful.

mostly what i am wondering is what has been done for the wiring connector through the housing.

thanks in advance for any help

#2 ·
I have to say, I have never seen this done since the housings are slightly different. The Elocker housing uses an actual actuator that would have to be added which wouldn't be exactly easy.

I think your best bet to do is go ARB since it is basically bulletproof and will work better in the long run since the OEM Elocker has not always proven to be reliable.

#4 ·
I think you're saying that you're trying to install a factory E-lock in a non-E-lock factory housing. My first question would be ...why? You'd be better off even though it's not a true locker, as already mentioned, going with a TruTrac since the E-locker can only be used while in 4LO.

#5 ·
an e lock can only be used in four low if its wired through your factory computer. what reason would you want to use it while going fast anyhow? the reason i puchased an elock is because of the price i got it for was a tenth of the price of anything else. im going to try it out and see. if it dont work ill throw it in the garbage and move on. Im faily certain that the only thing i have to do is find a way to get the wiring from inside the housing to the outside then just run a switch into the cab. The locker is a 2 wire on off unit that will engage and disengage whenever power is supplied to it. its the factory computer system that makes it only useable in 4 low.

#7 ·
Hi Speed E Lock for Drag Racing of course! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.