Nissan Titan Forum banner

Horn problems.....

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  baseballfanz 
#1 ·
I have had a problem with horn blowing when the A/C condensor fan is turned on. Reference, http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47693 . I took my truck in for the A/C condensor fan recall repairs. I thought that may have fixed the problem, however it did the same thing. I took the truck back this week to let them troubleshoot it. The Nissan technician was good to go and kept me up to speed with the troubleshooting. He changed out the IPDM and still had the same problems. He also changed out the horns, and still the same problem. He invited me into the shop and we both tried to narrow the problem down. He called the Nissan tech line and they said to change out the main wiring harness. Which a cost est. is around $1200. I believe this problem is a result of the faulty A/C condensor fan since the horn is on the same wiring harness and circuit. The service advisor is going to call Nissan to see if we can get it covered under warranty. I have 38,000 miles on the truck. I paln to call Nissan myself, and let them know how I feel.

Has anyone ever called Nissan to try to get something coverd under warranty? Sorry for the long thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.