Nissan Titan Forum banner

Actual MPG

10K views 51 replies 32 participants last post by  electricjohn 
#1 ·
SO the sticker reads 18 mpg hwy/ 14mpg city. Based on normal (stock,5.6L, 2-wheel dr, no towing) driving, what is everyone getting in the city & hwy?

#2 · (Edited)
I can save you some time after reading hundreds of mileage posts. The overall average city/highway is between 14-16 mpg.

#5 ·
My highest mpg is 21.4 in the city with ac on and going between 40-50 mph.

#7 ·
My truck just broke the 16 mpg mark on the last fill up with 6500 miles. I think it's the speeding ticket that made me slow down a little bit that is helping the mileage. I usually get in the 15 mpg range with 75% highway driving. But i have 4x4 with Big Tow.

#9 ·
Hey don't worry about it. I think that there has been at least one more asking the same thing today. One thing you will find out about this place...the same topics are brought up constantly. However, we still try to answer them because many do not use search or do not know it is available. So we won't bash you, just help you. Enjoy the site.

#10 ·
shailey said:
I drive about 3500 miles a month and I average between 17.5 and 18.99. That is combined city and highway driving. I check my mileage every single time I fill up.
That's pretty good. You're 2wd right? What exhaust are you using?

#12 ·
shailey said:
For a while, I honestly did not know what exhaust I had or how many I had been through.
Now that's BAD!! lol!!

I'm still gettin' around 14-15mpg, I just can't keep my Foot out of it!!lol

#13 ·
It really depends on what kind of a driving week I have...one week I'm WOT every take off...and others....I drive more like a normal person..whatever that is!!

Some weeks....15.7...others....12.5........towing my trailer...9!!!

#17 ·
Even tho a guy with an XE has the same drivetrain as a Gal with an LE, there are STILL many different Variables that make up Actual Mileage.
Climate, Altitude, Humidity, Terrain, Driving Style, Rear Gears, Stock or A/M Intake an/or Exhaust systm, etc, etc, etc......

There are Those in "Denial" that their "Pride and Joy" doesn't get the mileage they'd hoped for, and will "Fudge" the Truth, and there are those that can "Time" the traffic lights (Driving Slower than Grandpa on Cough Medicine), that they never need to apply the Brakes.

In the Two years I've had my Titan, I've seen the mileage go up as the motor "loosens-up", but since I don't Drive it daily, when i do, I can't Drive it without an occaisional Wide Open Throttle?!! Which Negates any "Good Driving" I did with that Tankfull.
Since I average 14mpg, (with a 3:36 rearend) By the way I drive as opposed to a "Constantly Conservative" driver; I believe somebody could Avg. 20mpg City/Hwy., and even Higher on the Hwy!

Ok, I'm Through.:thumbup:

#19 ·
06 4x4 crew cab LE with big tow here with about 1500 miles on it. All stock. I've been getting just a tad over 17 mpg in everyday driving. About 70/30 highway/city. Worst I've gotten was 13 but that was towing my fathers 7000lb boat through a bunch of little podunk villages. Haven't had an all highway trip yet, but i would expect it to be at least 18 maybe 19 mpg. Very happy so far, as my uncle with a crew cab chevy silverado with the big motor averages around 15 highway and feels like a dog in comparrison.

#20 ·
Ok...I cant read anymore. I'm sick that you all get anything over 15 mpg! I figured mine last week. I got a little over 10 mpg. Added the Volant and also recalculated for the large tire ratio. I actually traveled 6% more due to the larger tire ratio. Not sure if this topic was discussed here or there...but anyways...the end result was around 11.5! Wahoo I gained a little! So now I go out to my truck, look at how darn pretty she is all grown up and try to convince myself that its worth it. I love the way the Volant sounds so I slam it every chance i get. Need for speed and need to be big...doesnt mix to well. :(

#21 ·
I finally took a decent road trip this weekend. I have a little over 10k miles now. Trip was 90% highway, a/c on all the way there and back, through the rolling hills of Missouri.

Avg 17.3 mpg. I'm happy with that considering the weather conditions and a lot of speed up and slow down single highway type of traffic. Of course, there was the occasional WOT to pass the slow pokes. Heheh.

#22 ·
Anyone remember the MPG calculator (in Excel format) that was available for download on the old site? Maybe that can remove some of the uncertainties in calculations. I can't find it anymore but I did manage to get it downloaded earlier. More importantly, I converted the calculations to Canadian Eh?!?! Still reports in MPG as that's what I understand (it also calcs liters/100km, etc). Since the Imperial gallon is equal to 1.201 US gallons the fudgefactor is about 4%. If any of you Canadians out there are curious to give it a test, I'll try to figure out how to post it for downloading. I'd like to pass credit to the originator of the spreadsheet but I don't know who it is.

#23 ·
If anyone needs a program to calculate mileage, there's a problem, lol. I guess dividing the miles traveled by gallons used is too hard for people these days? The titan makes it easy to roughly gauge mileage. If you run it till a little below empty, it takes about 25 gallons to fill it up. 400 miles is 16mpg, 425 is 17mpg, 450 is 18mpg, etc.

#25 ·
Got almost 11,000 on mine now, and the worst I have ever gotten when not towing was 15.5 and that was like 90% city. Driving about 80/20 highway/city I get around 17.5-18. We have yet to have a road trip to get a good highway calculation, but I expect it to be around 19-20. Will let you know as we are going up to N. Georgia in a couple of weeks.

#26 ·
I guess the only members responding to this thread are the ones getting the "good" gas milage (ecept for you,chicks) I have 15000 miles on my '05 SE now, and I have all the milage/gallon figures since my first fillup. My driving is usually 'spirited" but I have also gone through many tanks in full out granny mode...that is, nothing over 1/4 throttle, long periods of coasting (hills, coming up to lights and stop signs) and not over 65 on the hiway. My best tank EVER was on a trip, and I got 14.8. In granny mode on my commute I get between low and high 13's, depending on traffic. Usually I'm getting mid 12's to low 13's. Over the winter I got about 11 mpg even. I'm hoping to get the timing advance, and especially the A/F ratio adjusted, and hopefully that will help. I'd burn a Hemi to get 16mpg!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.