tree mod doesnt look so good

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  eddy18 
#1 ·
well...

it was dark,

there was a bend in the road,

i did not make the bend,

tree was waiting on the other side.

no injuries, just a bruised ego and titan withdrawals.

insurance check is in hand... now what?

new titan?
used titan and wait for new ones hopefully coming soon?
small beater for now and wait for new titan?
shopping spree and no vehicle?

so many options...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
holy crap, and you didnt get hurt. just bought mine 2 weeks ago window sticker was around 36,500. paid just over 30,000 with and extended warranty and gap coverage included. lots of really good deals going on right now. hope everything works out for you. man that truck is totaled. how big around was the trunk on that tree?

#3 ·
Ouch! The looks like a pretty hard hit. Glad the Titan did it's job and kept you injury free. Titans are holding value quite well, so I imagine your check would be enough for a new to you Titan. I just refinanced mine and found out it's still worth what I paid for it 4 years ago. Maybe this is a second chance to do any mods different...or find one with options you didn't have before. Good luck with whatever you do.

#4 ·
Wow really glad youre OK. Looks like a brand new Titan in your garage is in order id say.

#5 ·
man you lucked out on not getting hurt. glad your ok. I know your pissed though. get a used titan and mod the crap out of it.......oh yeah......sell those headlights......they look like they made it.

#6 ·
tree versus Titan

Glad you're okay.

I'd gut the Titan for parts and sell them as you can.

The new Titan with any appreciable improvements is nowhere to be see soon so if you like what you've see as gadgets on the Titan, get one.

If not, get something else.

#7 ·
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt. That looks brutal. And I vote new Titan

#8 ·
thanks all, i went ahead and got a new one. found a great deal on a '12 PRO-4X demo with 900 miles on it, but fully loaded. so it's a nice upgrade from the '08 SE.

i really was wanting to wait to see if '13 or '14 would bring some big changes, but i couldn't stand not having a titan in the driveway.

Attachments

#9 ·
Ive sent two Titans to the scrap yard and walked away both times. First was my 06, a rough rail crossing knocked my water bottle out of the cup holder and under the brake. Made an F150 2' shorter at the red light. Then was my 05 getting on the freeway on one of those curved on ramps and i ran over something popped the tire and truck pulled hard right, right into the end of the guardrail. I put my insurance check in the bank and going to wait for the new ones to come out.

#10 ·
I wanted to do the same thing, but I managed to work a below market value deal on a truck I couldn't pass up. My thought is if the new ones show up soon, I should have equity in this truck so it won't hurt my wallet to trade and upgrade if it's really worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.