Nissan Titan Forum banner

Alright, newbie here, what mods first?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  MrSiLeNT 
#1 ·
Alright folks, what should be done first? Seeing as I haven't found any fault with truck at all since purchasing it anything I do will be an upgrade so what seems to be the first thing (I think it seems most recommend the spring shackles for the axle preload) or second thing I should do next? Any opinions out there?

#3 ·
I went rims first then exhaust and intake. Rims looked great but it sure is fun hearing the roar of the exhaust.

#4 ·
Go for a supercharger. You could be the first. JK

What interests you more, looks or performance?

Personally I did some performance mods first.

#6 ·
A cat-back exhaust system would be a nice first performance mod if you want to spend a few hundred bucks or more. The air box mod requires only a little labor plus a K&N or similar drop-in filter (click here for the do it yourself tip).

The order I did things was:
K&N drop in filter
Nissan bug deflector
Nissan fog light kit
Truxedo Lo-Pro tonneau cover
Carbotech ceramic brake pads
Crown Performance stainless steel brake lines
Flowmaster cat-back exhaust
air box mod
Air Raid throttle body spacer
stainless steel nerf bars
rear helper springs

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I actually didn't count the sound system as a mod (I consider myself and audiophile and an upgrade to the audio system is a given) but I am most interested in performance above all else (I currently own 2 honda civics, 1 an EF and the 2nd an EG, and no, they are NOT of the Uncle Bens variety) because that affects the way the truck drives more than anything else.

Now, the important part. Since I am a self proclaimed "audiophile", I want an exhaust that can give me performance w/o a drastic increase in cabin noise (wich will mean more Dynamat which = more wieght, which = less performance which = I'm right back to where I started from :lol:

So who can recommend a good aftermarket exhaust that improves performance but doesn't have a drastic impact on cabin noise?

#8 ·
The Gibson Dual Extreme system that I run was so quiet when I put it on that I eliminated the resonator pipe that came with it and installed a straight pipe. I also replaced my aft cats with straight pipes too to help increase the sound. If you install the kit the way it comes there is no drone at all and will probably be what you're looking for.

#9 ·
Now that I have done the exhaust I wish I had done it first.

Here is my order.
1. Lund Bug deflector
2. In Channel Vent Visors.
3. Carrage works upper and lower grill.
4. Intake mode and K&N filter.
5. Advanced folding tonneau Cover.
6. Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back.
7. Coming this Wednesday K&N 77 Series Polished exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.