Nissan Titan Forum banner

JL Audio 10W7 Firing Direction KC

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Blue_Water_Rush 
#1 ·
Ok guys...I have searched and I know its personal preference but I have got to get some opinions on this. I have quadurple measured and calculated and designed 2 enclosures for (1) 10W7 in my king cab that will be powered by a 500/1. Confirmed measurements after my rear seat lift allows enclosure to be 57" long x 12" tall (front) x 9" tall (back) x 12" deep.

The questions plauging my mind are as follows:

Current ported design is 1.5 cu. ft. after displacments...front firing sub (driver side) front firing port (middle). Port design assisted by JL to ensure cu. in. and fq. accuracy.

Current sealed design is 1.25 cu. ft. after displacements...front firing (option either side).

As I am used to car enclosures is I need input on whether to go ported or sealed and if the front firing direction will be suitable or if I should work on a new design.

Musical tastes range from 20's blues to current metal with everything inbetween. I side on SQ quicker than SPL. I am determined not to lose my back seats.

Thanks in advance for the input...

See less See more
#2 ·
Ported front firing would be awesome. Im sure the W7 will play just as musical ported as it would sealed, theyre great subs.

I say if your throwing a w7 under the backseat go all the way and do it ported

#3 ·
Sealed will actually hit more notes but requires a little more power. Sealed also sounds cleaner. id go with sealed! make sure the enclosure is build to spec and proper bracing.

#4 ·
^^probly would hit more notes but they sound great either way.

Dont forget to double Baffle!!!

#7 ·
as long as you have the right amp the output will still be good. Front firing sound amazing in our trucks. theres quite a few people on here with FF Enclosures

#9 ·
ive never used that stuff so im not %100 sure, but i believe 1" is what JL reccomends for the baffle so i think its fine

Those 500/1 pack plenty of power, ive had about 7 of those amps lol

#10 ·
I have a 500/1 pushing a 10W7. My box is sealed & in a downfiring config. I used 1" MDF for the baffle & 3/4" Norboard MDF for the enclosure. The surround sits about 2 1/2" off the floor. This setup hits very accurately and the downfiring puts the base right up front. Really happy with it.

Here is a thread I did a while back. If you go to page 4 it shows pics inside the truck. Good luck with your project.

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26390

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.