Nissan Titan Forum banner

Temputure adjustment / heater control

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jerry helton 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 titan crew cab, I wasn't able to adjust the temputure from cool to hot. And quickly learned from the dealer that they would need to replace the heater duct assembly because my failed part was not replaceable, as a single peice. With a quote of over $ 2,500.00 the what can I do to fix this began.
After a major dash removal, access to the the white plasstic arm that opens and closes a door in the heater system was able to be modified. After reassembling the dash and with temputure again adjustable, I'm out my time only. However I've only ever seen one other complaint about this. It was on u-tube. So does this seem to be a unique situation or are there others experiencing this ?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
have got the problem solve??when u adjust the knob from cold to hot or hot to cold do u hear something moving?also have u check the heater control valve?coolant level?put ur heater on full blast and touch the hoses on both side of the heater valve control see if their hot..if so then that's not ur problem...

I'm actually having an issue with my heater too it doesn't get hot as before...but I chec heater valve,coolant level,and they check out fine...what's weird is when I adjust the temp knob from cold to hot actuator seems to work fine but from hot to cold it has a significant delay for the actuator to switch back,,,maybe 10-15seconds delay...I hope someone would chime in....I also would like to find out what could be causing this....

#5 ·
I came across this problem today. I switched the temperature to RED (Hot) and nothing. I have had this truck for a little over a year and I think its about time to get rid of it. I have never had so many problems with any other vehicle like I have with this one. It seems like I'll have to remove the whole dash to get the problem fixed.

#7 ·
I have sort of a different problem. On my 2012 Titan the defroster setting on my windshield kind of goes wacky like when I'm driving along I hear the blower wind from the windshield quieting down meaning it went to the floor/windshield mode instead of staying on the windshield mode which I need it to stay. Not sure why it keeps on doing this but I sure need to defrost my windshield when driving in a cold environment. Anyone have any ideas or the same problem with their Nissan Titan? Thank you.

#8 ·
My brother had the same problem. One night he turned the heat on ,and all he got was cold air. The next day we popped the hood. Started the truck and waited for the temps to come up. Just above the battery you will see a valve. Checked one side and it was hot checked the other side and it was cold. Later he took the valve apart moved it, it's very simple to do. Now he has heat again.Simple fix and didn't cost a dime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.