Nissan Titan Forum banner

What is this?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Misfit482 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 titan 4x4, and read about the max you can lift is 2". I bought a 2" front lift and 1.5 rear, and am having cbc? wear the top of the strut is touching the UCA. What do i need to do to make it fit? can i just get the rough country UCA to clear it? and what is the rubber piece on top of the strut? is that a spacer that was already put on? is it stock?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us:weird-big:

See less See more
#2 ·
That is the coil spacer that comes with the leveling kit. I am currently running the rough country arms. I put a 3 in leveling kit on my 04 KC. The arms clear the coil bucket with just a little trimming but the bushings in the arms ate junk. After about a month of driving then the bushings in the arms warm up from the engine heat the bushings pop when turning. But I will live with it because I'm not paying 600 + for prg or total chaos arms. A little too pricy for me.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Those rubber pieces on top are coil spacers that were already on the struts. Take them off and use the new ones you have. You can go up to 4" on an '05 4X4, but you will require upper control arms and you would have to get the other 2" of the lift from the preload of an adjustable coilover. If you do that, I'd recommend Dirt King or PRG uppers and Bilstein 5100's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.