Nissan Titan Forum banner

ABS light & Broke Brake Line

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jerm 
#1 ·
While Off-Roading in the Mud, I broke a brake line on the right front of the truck. I have the OFF-ROAD Package on my truck with came with the B.F.G OWL 17in tires. Guess what the OWL tires are not much good in the mud and since my wife would have had my *** if I spent another $1000.00 on the truck to replace new tires, I bought heavy duty tire chains instead. The chans work great - unless I me you do not get them on tight enough and one come off while driving.

Since new brake line has to be special ordered I spent $300.00 to have my truck towed home. I also found out that the ABS sensor wire was broken.

When I got the truck cleaned up and fixed the brake line ($17 part). The ABS and SLIP light were on and stayed on. Also the truck would not go into 4WD. Turns out the patch I did to the ABS wiring was not making a good connection. I redid the wiring and the truck would go into 4WD. After driving a few hundred yards the APS and SLIP lights cleared out. Save my self a $150.00 visit to the dealer to ‘trouble-shoot’ the problem.

#2 ·
Welcome to CT. Glad you were able to get it fixed yourself. I'd love to have some mud or snow to play in.

#4 ·
Dang 2 WINCHES?? You're definately ready for some mud.
BTW, I liked the video where you went thru that mud pit. Sweet!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.