Nissan Titan Forum banner

ABS test sound

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mosisek11 
#1 ·
I seem to have a clunk or a thunk sound that happens after the truck as set idle for a few hours. It happens after i back up, put it in drive and slightly accelerate to about 10 mph. I have heard someone say that this is probably the ABS test sound. Any ideas if this is correct?

There is no performance loss, other funky sounds or rattles, smell nothing funny and no leaks of any kind. Perhaps I'm paranoid but after reading about this failure and that failure I'm alittle gun shy. Has anybody else experienced this sound, and if so was the test sound or something more serious? Thanks for the help

#3 ·
I think this may be the noise that I am hearing. Everyday I get the noise that sounds like a clang coming from under the truck, but it seems like it is coming from under the driver seat/transmission area.

My noise happens driving slow, usually when it is shifting about the time it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.