Nissan Titan Forum banner

ABS / SLIP Light - solved

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  95Wolverine 
#1 ·
Had a problem w/ my ABS/slip light coming on lately . I drive alot and for the last 3 days , the light has come on 5 times . Most of the time it stayed on but twice it went off after a bit . Thought it might be the Scangauge cause it started the day after I hooked it up . No error codes . Anyway , I rolled under it last night and started checking lines etc. and I see that the ABS line (rear passenger) was stuck to the exhaust . That would be the problem . The rubber grommet that holds the line to the axle came out of the holder and the line would swing and then stick to the exhaust . I got lucky too cause the wires weren't completely fried . So I fixed it all up and no problems . Did a little bit of wheelin today on the way out to go quading and the deep snow didn't pull them off . Kewl .

#3 ·
that actually happened to me also...i found it before i got a code though...after changing the exhaust about 10 times i was under there alot...lol..lol

#4 ·
Good News there! A lot of electrical problems/failures, are really mechanically caused and have nothing to do with the designed purpose of the circuit.

#6 ·
Cody, if stuck to the exhaust, I'm assuming it's the passenger side. Since yours is melted, I'll see if I have a good spare from the rear diff in the garage. If so, it's all yours. It'll be a week before I can get back home to take a closer look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.