Nissan Titan Forum banner

Question about BW Pocket Flares

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Silver_Seven 
#1 ·
Couple install questions for someone who has installed the bushwacker pocket flares on there truck with hte tool box. How long was install? Any
drilling? Do these use dbl sided tape at the top or do you drill into fenders?
Any other particulars I should know about? Hows clearance with a 6 inch lift and 35's? Thx for info.

#2 ·
No double sided tape where they meet the fender but I choose to use some black silicon and some pressure to the flare for 6 hours to ensure they fit snuggly against the truck body. No drilling into the truck body, studs are just for show. I painted mine with bedliner before installing. You can go to the BW site and PDF the instructions before buying so you can see whats needed.

Attachments

#3 ·
Are your tires 33's any rubbing? especially the flares? One other question what backspacing are your rims? Thx

#4 ·
Actualy these are 285/60/18's and are only 31.38". No problem with the flares rubbing but did have to do the Pinch weld mod for these wide stance tires @11.54" Back spacing is -12 I believe.

#5 ·
How much drilling did you have to do if any and again sorry but what holds the flares to the fender at the top if you don't drill into it or use dbl sidied tape?

#6 ·
The way they are designed cambers in towrds the truck body. Clips and screws come with the flares and are attached to the inner bend of the fender where the liner tucks into currently. Instructions claim no drilling but I admit I did drill a few hole for the clips. Just being overly cautious I guess. I heard one post where alot of dirty runs down behind the rubber bead on the body side of the flare so I used some black silicon on the inside of the rubber beading to ensure a good bond to the truck body. No one can tell that I did that if i didnt tell them. They fit failry snug though without the silicon. Go check out the instructions on BW site for our trucks. There is a full PDF file that explains all the steps needed. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.