How to install remote starter - Page 3 - Nissan Titan Forum

post #21 of 27 Old 01-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Qaher
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please help me out.. I am having problem with bypass JBS 791 universal bypass module. The car wont start. what am i doing wrong? if i put the spare key in the egnition and hit the remote it does start, but wont start when the spare in the bypass box. need help with wires coming out of the box. I thing the red is the constat +12v and the blue is ground!!!??? and orange for ground!!!! I have to continue tomorrow afternoon with the installation..
Thank you,, i will wait for an answer for another 1/2 hour.

My05ArMaDa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Qaher------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 Armada LE 4x2,(1)Stillen long Tube Headers, (2)Jet-Hot 2000F Blue coating,(3)Custom Exhaust system, (4)Vibrant's Ultra Quiet Stainless Steel Resonators,(5)Vibrant Metal Core Catalytic Converters, (6)MagnaFlow Y pipe,(7)Volant CAI.(8)I am a PGM owner and (9)an uprev osiris TUNED.A member of VK56 IRC.(10)JWT cams,(11)WRP pulley set,(12) Burnoutmod.(13) 07 Intake Manifold, (14) Stillen Valve Body. My last performance mod would be the Twin Turbo and i am done,, hopefully....lol
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''This is only the beginning''
'' I may be far away from you all ,but I am always close to your heart '' lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 01-24-2007, 04:24 PM
RedViper98
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to RedViper98
One of the wires should be +12v, one will be ground, and the other will be a negative status wire(prob the blue one...but not 100% sure). There should be a (-) status output wire on the remote start; it will send a ground signal when the RS is activated and usually the entire time the RS is running the truck. Find those two wires (one on the RS and one on the bypass mod) and hook them up together. You also might want to check that the ring or whatever "antenna" the unit comes with is positioned correctly as well as your 12v source...make sure you're getting 12v through the wire to the bypass (usually there's an inline fuse).

EX - 2006 Granite King Cab SE 4X4, Big Tow, Off Road, Utility Bed, Popular w/Captains Chairs, Viper 791XV, Voolant CAI, AVS In Channel Vent Visor,Courtesy Nissan Big Tow Chrome Mirror Caps, Magnaflow Single Side Exhaust, Lund SS Bug deflector, Lund SS step rails, Truxedo Lo-Pro, PRG Mini-lift, Throttle Body coolant bypass mod SOLD

2010 PRO-4X CC Galaxy Black w/Captain's Chairs, PRO-4X Utility, Leather, Stillen Intake, Nissan black hood protector, Nissan black running boards, Truxedo LoPro QT, Viper 5902 Alarm w/Remote Start, and Vent Shade In Channel Vent Visors.
- Marc

Member CTFBC

Last edited by RedViper98; 01-24-2007 at 04:35 PM.
post #23 of 27 Old 01-24-2007, 07:07 PM
RIDER
"Looks Great"/Linkmaster
Shift_Obsessed

Great write-up!

[Click picture for MOD List]

post #24 of 27 Old 01-24-2007, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
src4usarmy
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaher
Please help me out.. I am having problem with bypass JBS 791 universal bypass module. The car wont start. what am i doing wrong? if i put the spare key in the egnition and hit the remote it does start, but wont start when the spare in the bypass box. need help with wires coming out of the box. I thing the red is the constat +12v and the blue is ground!!!??? and orange for ground!!!! I have to continue tomorrow afternoon with the installation..
Thank you,, i will wait for an answer for another 1/2 hour.
What kind of remote start do you have (brand, model)? Hook the red wire to a constant 12v power source. The orange wire is the ground. I read on the bypass module you have that you need to hook the blue wire to the wire from the remote starter that is identified in your starter manual as "ignition output /neg", or sometimes listed as "security bypass output wire". Make sure when you put your key in the box that it is a key that can start the truck and put the plastic part of the key inside the loop in the box. Then hook up the wire that has a loop in it to the bypass module and wrap the loop around the ignition and make sure there isn't any slack in the loop. You may have to move the loop on the switch a little until the ignition senses the key. Basically the bypass box reads the key, sends the signal through the wire, to the loop and the igniton gets the signal as if the key were in the switch. If it doesn't sense the key from the box through the loop, it won't start.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	20734  

post #25 of 27 Old 01-24-2007, 08:10 PM
LANDMAN
Shift_Enthusiast

src4usarmy - Thank you for the excellent write-up. Heck I'm even thinking I can do it myself.

Excellent Instructor!

Lazer Lite Tonneau, PRG Levelling Kit, Active Tuning Grounding Kit, 3M Tint, Chrome Tailgate Bezel, FramBoost Intake, 2 degree timing advance, Magnaflow 22" Muffler Part # 12589, Black PC Wheels, Black PC T-Rex Grille
post #26 of 27 Old 01-24-2007, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
src4usarmy
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDMAN
src4usarmy - Thank you for the excellent write-up. Heck I'm even thinking I can do it myself.

Excellent Instructor!
No problem, it really isn't that hard if you take your time and have all the things you need.

post #27 of 27 Old 01-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Qaher
Shift_Hardcore

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by src4usarmy
What kind of remote start do you have (brand, model)? Hook the red wire to a constant 12v power source. The orange wire is the ground. I read on the bypass module you have that you need to hook the blue wire to the wire from the remote starter that is identified in your starter manual as "ignition output /neg", or sometimes listed as "security bypass output wire". Make sure when you put your key in the box that it is a key that can start the truck and put the plastic part of the key inside the loop in the box. Then hook up the wire that has a loop in it to the bypass module and wrap the loop around the ignition and make sure there isn't any slack in the loop. You may have to move the loop on the switch a little until the ignition senses the key. Basically the bypass box reads the key, sends the signal through the wire, to the loop and the ignition gets the signal as if the key were in the switch. If it doesn't sense the key from the box through the loop, it won't start.

I have the rs-4lxi omega remote starter. the bypass loop wire is so big and lose ( it has a plastic rap around the wire inside it,,do i need to remove that plastic for better contact? or just make sure it is touching the ignition). I will make sure it is tide. also, my car start with one click on the lock key of the fob, how can i program it to start by 2 clicks?

Thank you

My05ArMaDa

Qaher------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 Armada LE 4x2,(1)Stillen long Tube Headers, (2)Jet-Hot 2000F Blue coating,(3)Custom Exhaust system, (4)Vibrant's Ultra Quiet Stainless Steel Resonators,(5)Vibrant Metal Core Catalytic Converters, (6)MagnaFlow Y pipe,(7)Volant CAI.(8)I am a PGM owner and (9)an uprev osiris TUNED.A member of VK56 IRC.(10)JWT cams,(11)WRP pulley set,(12) Burnoutmod.(13) 07 Intake Manifold, (14) Stillen Valve Body. My last performance mod would be the Twin Turbo and i am done,, hopefully....lol
''This is only the beginning''
'' I may be far away from you all ,but I am always close to your heart '' lol.

Last edited by Qaher; 01-25-2007 at 12:42 AM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode