09' Titam Transmission problems!!!! AHHHHH!! - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
DAN291000
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
09' Titam Transmission problems!!!! AHHHHH!!

"TITAN" I purchased my 09' Titan about three weeks ago and have put about 835 mi. on her. I attempted to take the wife to dinner last night and half way threw the drive I notice while applying the gas a slight transmission slip. What went from a slight slip turned into just barely rolling into the Nissan Service Dept. When I stopped There was smoke billowing out from the fender wells and a puddle of Transmission fluid in the service bay!!!!! All I know is they better not try to just fix the leak, fill it with fluid and tell me I'm all set!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 09:29 AM
bigbruno
Shift_Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to bigbruno
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN291000 View Post
"TITAN" I purchased my 09' Titan about three weeks ago and have put about 835 mi. on her. I attempted to take the wife to dinner last night and half way threw the drive I notice while applying the gas a slight transmission slip. What went from a slight slip turned into just barely rolling into the Nissan Service Dept. When I stopped There was smoke billowing out from the fender wells and a puddle of Transmission fluid in the service bay!!!!! All I know is they better not try to just fix the leak, fill it with fluid and tell me I'm all set!!
Unless after they do that the trans is still slipping or damaged, that is all that Nissan will let them do. Nissan won't just pay for a new transmission just because you want one. There has to be something wrong with it. The leak probably was just a cooler line, they are very common. I have seen some come in to our dealership here with less miles than yours leaking. Being a brand new truck, they will get you taken care of though.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 PM
FLtitanmike
Shift_Enthusiast

Sucks for your problem but wouldn't the smart thing to do would be to pull over and check it out? If its leaking that bad then stop driving it?

06 KC LE. S&B Intake. Truetrac. Bully Dog Power Pup. Bushwacker fender flares. 22" magnaflow muffler swap. airlift airbags. 6000k hids low beams and fog lights.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
DAN291000
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtitanmike View Post
Sucks for your problem but wouldn't the smart thing to do would be to pull over and check it out? If its leaking that bad then stop driving it?
I was literally 1 mi. down the road....Yes you make a point......They got it all fixed up today, it was a cooler line. They replaced the line, pulled off the trans. pan to see if there were any shavings,(there were not any signs of damage) and then they re-installed the pan and replaced all of the fluid.....gooood to go.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
DAN291000
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbruno View Post
Unless after they do that the trans is still slipping or damaged, that is all that Nissan will let them do. Nissan won't just pay for a new transmission just because you want one. There has to be something wrong with it. The leak probably was just a cooler line, they are very common. I have seen some come in to our dealership here with less miles than yours leaking. Being a brand new truck, they will get you taken care of though.
Strange, then this seems to be an issue with these trucks?? Inferior transmission cooling lines?? Easy enough for them to fix, wonder if they have an upgraded line to combat the issue? Braided stainless perhaps....
post #6 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 04:41 PM
bigbruno
Shift_Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to bigbruno
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN291000 View Post
Strange, then this seems to be an issue with these trucks?? Inferior transmission cooling lines?? Easy enough for them to fix, wonder if they have an upgraded line to combat the issue? Braided stainless perhaps....
It seems to be hit and miss on newer models. Usually it is only on the older one that you see leaking. It's just from age and vibration, or the clamps failing from cheap quality. The newer, very low ,ileage ones like yours, is usually do to poor quality control. Clamps left loose, or not positioned properly are often times the culprit, not the hose itself.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
DAN291000
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbruno View Post
It seems to be hit and miss on newer models. Usually it is only on the older one that you see leaking. It's just from age and vibration, or the clamps failing from cheap quality. The newer, very low ,ileage ones like yours, is usually do to poor quality control. Clamps left loose, or not positioned properly are often times the culprit, not the hose itself.
I just picked her up from the dealership 30 min. ago, they stated there was a pin hole in the line.....

09'SE 4x4, BD Powerpup, True dual custom borla exhaust w/H-pipe, rear cats removed, K&N CAI, 2" Leveling kit(front) 1" PRG (rear), Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/65 R18, MotoMetal 951's,
post #8 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 05:46 PM
pinoytitan
Shift_Obsessed

phew... easy fix.. thats good...

sorry for the problem, but congrations for an easy fix.

2005 Blizzard White Nissan Titan IRC CREW MEMBER International Racing Club VK56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
DAN291000
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoytitan View Post
phew... easy fix.. thats good...

sorry for the problem, but congrations for an easy fix.
Definitely, I was more than a little worried about my truck...
They said there is some type of control module that disables the transmission when there is insufficient fluid...

09'SE 4x4, BD Powerpup, True dual custom borla exhaust w/H-pipe, rear cats removed, K&N CAI, 2" Leveling kit(front) 1" PRG (rear), Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/65 R18, MotoMetal 951's,
post #10 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 07:06 PM
FLtitanmike
Shift_Enthusiast

Glad your back up and running

06 KC LE. S&B Intake. Truetrac. Bully Dog Power Pup. Bushwacker fender flares. 22" magnaflow muffler swap. airlift airbags. 6000k hids low beams and fog lights.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode