post #11 of 13 Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
sht06
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillyboat View Post
I use the tow mode and then put it into 4th, that way it never gears into overdrive. It keep the transmission temp. down and while you're there, you are able to use that 4th gear power to pass if you ever feel brave and feel that you really need to. So recommend using the tow mode AND putting into 4th. If you go out, give it a try, experiment a little, you'll notice the differences. But like I said, I only tow 3500lb to 4000lb depending on how much i'm packed and whether I have full water tanks. But yeah, just try it, experiment.
Thanks, that's about what the little 17' carolina skif I pull weighs. I will be trying around 1:00 pm today at the lake or river haven't decided which to go to yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 06-28-2009, 11:26 AM
SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr38 View Post
The tow mode does not start in 2nd gear. It raises the shift points when pushed AND you are pulling a heavy load. This is to keep the engine from lugging and possible pinging. Under normal driving it does nothing. But when pulling a heavy load you should use it.

That is what i was told by two Nissan Dealers. But if not I really dont care lol I dont tow. LMAO I have a 4/5 Drop on my truck and soon Air Ride. I got the tow package b/c that was all they had lol

PS if info wrong im sorry

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations Pit Crew"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---- Mods listed here! ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need Headlight Mod Done? LMK I have Many Happy Customers on the site!
post #13 of 13 Old 06-28-2009, 12:05 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Those two dealers are misinformed. Look at the attachment. The tow mode raises the shift points for the 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and 3 to 4 shifts. The 4 to 5 shift point is unchanged.
With the 3.36 ratio the 1-2 shift point is raised by 3 MPH, the 2-3 is +4 and the 3-4 +5, at half throttle. The full throttle shift points are not changed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shift Points.JPG
Views:	2622
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	44707  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode