Nissan Titan Forum banner

Lockers (help)

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  MDJamesD 
#1 ·
We went out for a day of wakeboarding on the lake and after loading up the boat i could not get up the boat ramp it was too wet and i was just sliding. we had to get 4 people to stand on the back of the truck so i could make it up the ramp. (all the guys are chevrolet guys and to them it was not the ramp it was the truck),

My question is will lockers help this not happen if so what brand and where do i get them

#11 ·
KINGMADE said:
2X4? is it an XE? The stock tires on the XE are a joke. Locking Diff for 2X4 is Detroit Tru-trac. www.4X4parts.com it's the one and only locking diff for our trucks. I personally have it and ordered from that site. It will help a ton with traction
The Tru-Trac is not a locking differential, it is a limited slip. The only locking differential I have ever seen for the Titan is the OEM locker that comes with the OR package in the 4WD models and it only works in low range.

#12 ·
skyhammer is right, the only locker for the titan is the oem, but you dont want a locker for what you will be doing, its doesnt really give you any advantage, a limited slip will give the save effect w/o ruining your on road driving. new tires are gonna help out on the boat ramp also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.