Nissan Titan Forum banner

What's is the best way to fix catalyst insufficiency code?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gtorq21 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to titans and I'm sure this is asked often. I've done a lot of research and understand better. My truck is an 06 4x4 with 152xxx on it. I like the truck a lot and Id rather fix this issue befor any worse affect. I understand I need headers and a up rev tune. Just curious as to who y'all went with for the tune and headers. Is there also anything I should know. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and plan to put headers on myself. Just for opinions truck runs great but would you guys Invest the money with the mileage this truck has. Appreciate the help.

#2 ·
At ~125,000 miles I made the investment. I'd consider the condition of the truck...specifically rust...and how long you intend to keep it. The parts and tune are only a couple of new vehicle payments so if the truck is solid it's probably worth it.

Easiest route is Cajun-B-Pipes, Jeff builds the B-Pipes and sells JBA headers and I think UpRev. I picked up my headers and cat'd b-pipes from Cajun, UpRev direct from UpRev, and an AirAid MXP intake from Amazaon. You'll also need a couple new mainfold studs, new NISSAN manifold gaskets (2), and new NISSSAN exhaust flange gaskets (4). Don't cheap out on the gaskets, its NISSAN or do the job again in a couple months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.