Nissan Titan Forum banner

Tailgate lights w/ LEDs tail lights

7K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  JasonB 
#1 · (Edited)
For those who have swap out the factory tail lights to LEDs or other and have a big hole where the tailgate lights use to be, here's what I did.
Sorry in advance for crappy cell phone pictures.
EDIT: Got some better pictures.:D

Stop by the local Advance Auto Parts and found these.

Good thing is the factory plug fit into the housing so no need to cut the factory wire. One thing is the factory bulbs is too big so I swap it out with the bulbs from the kit I bought.

This is the end result, it's not as bright as factory because of the smaller bulbs but my goal was to cover up the holes and was not really looking for brightness.
EDIT: Now that it's a little darker outside, light ouputs is not that bad.

See less See more
#3 ·
CLi006 said:
Great work! The LED tails doesn't come with bed lights? Couldn't you just remove the factory ones from the stock housings and put those in the LED tails?
LEDs does not have the tail gate lights. The housing from the factory is too big and would not work in the LED housing.

#6 ·
Nice work BBF. That is the main reason I had not bought these lights yet...

#8 ·
BBF you are awesome dude!
I have been looking and looking for something just like this. I was wanting to seal the hole from the outside as well and couldn't find anything I liked.

Will look for these tomorrow.
Thanks again!

#9 ·
bbf maybe you can find a brighter LED replacement bulb to fit in those lights. I don't know what bulb # those are but it's just a thought if you wanted to brighten them up a bit.

#11 ·
nice. i wonder if you can put in an LED light in that casing to get more brightness.

#13 ·
Good job! That looks nice.

#15 ·
Look at entry 1

He got them from Advance Auto.

I stopped by there today and got a set. Hope to get them on tomorrow afternoon.

#16 ·
RyanMac said:
is there any problems with the tailgate shutting? and what part store exactly did u pick these up?
Like gtumblin said, I got it at Advance Auto parts. I would think most auto parts place should have it or something similar. Look in the trailers lighting section. There is plenty of room when the tailgate close.

#19 ·
I agree

TEXASGIANT said:
Dude! you're the man! That's way cool.
It is a good find. Way to go BBF.

#20 ·
chefboyrd said:
Do only certain models have the tailgate lights? I guess so, because I dont even see a cut out for them on my truck.
Come with the Utility Bed Package:
Utili-track Bed Channel System with four tie-down cleats
• Factory-applied spray-on bedliner
• Driver-side lockbox
• Tailgate area illumination
• Bed-mounted 12-volt DC power outlet

#22 ·
Im gonna go get some of these trailer lights as well. Maybe get some brighter bulbs too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.