Nissan Titan Forum banner

jba header times

9K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  Titan mark 
#1 ·
people with the jba headers after installing them how much did yall's et's drop?? jw going to order some on the next week or so

#27 ·
I guess the best thing to do is call your local dealer and ask. Folks are having the dealer install headers for $500+, and that does not void warranty, so it must be okay....

#28 ·
beat to fit said:
I guess the best thing to do is call your local dealer and ask. Folks are having the dealer install headers for $500+, and that does not void warranty, so it must be okay....
That's good advice. Often dealers will cover mods if they do
the install when they wouldn't otherwise & it never hurts to get
the service dept's opinion on the issue.
Having the dealer do some of the more questionable mods will
probably cost you more for the install, but could save you money in
the future.

#29 ·
i got the stillen headers and am glad i did. it was easy all you do is redo the b pipe with high flow cats and you are goodi i have no thown a light in 1000 miles so i guess its up to you. do you want to weld the old cats to the new jba or do you want a header that going to be bad *** with high flow cats in the b pipes.

#30 ·
crowney54 said:
i got the stillen headers and am glad i did. it was easy all you do is redo the b pipe with high flow cats and you are goodi i have no thown a light in 1000 miles so i guess its up to you. do you want to weld the old cats to the new jba or do you want a header that going to be bad *** with high flow cats in the b pipes.
Stillen Headers is instant void of entire power train warranty.....You removed the CATs.....altered the federal emissions on the truck.

Also.....would you like to run your STillen long tubes against my JBA short tubes? Until you get shorter intake runners.....or a variable length intake runners Long Tubes are not going to run there potential. Long Tubes run better high end. And well we don't have a top end!!!

This motor is built for Torque right now. I personally think JBA best fits with the way the motor is curently built.

#31 ·
Long tubes made with the correct size primarys are actually significantly better performers than shorties down low.

Shorties are generally better high RPM performers.

I understand it is perfectly normal to rep. what you've got, but comparing shorties to long tubes for both broadness and depth of power is a losing argument.

#33 ·
Tube length on headers is just like the intake. Longer tubes are tuned for lower RPM; shorter for high RPM.
However the are other factors involved, since most of the short tube headers are not equal length tubes. But if you were designing fully tuned headers for a specific engine, you would have longer tubes for lower RPM ranges, and shorter for high RPM.

#34 ·
I've never seen Short Tubes out dyno Long Tubes on peak numbers. Not that I've seen a huge amount of them.

Steve wouldn't the long tubes allow for better moving of the exhaust flow allowing for better numbers up top?

#35 ·
Ron, header design details are too long to go into fully here.
But look at it this way. When the exhaust valve opens a pressure pulse travels down the header tube. You will have a series if high pressure "nodes" and also low pressure nodes. You use the low pressure nodes to help scavenge the exhaust gases from the cylinder. To get this to work you have to use the exhaust cam timing, the RPM where this scavenging action is desired, plus several other factors such as tube diameter, gas velocity, etc.
So the header tube becomes similar to a pipe organ pipe. The organ pipes are tuned to the desired frequency. The lower frequencies need a much longer pipe than the higher. I am sure you have seen this.
The frequency of the exhaust pulses in header tubes are dependent on engine RPM. So longer header tubes mean they are tuned for lower RPM, and the power resulting from the tuned length is made at lower RPM. Shorter tubes are tuned for higher RPM, therefore the gain comes at an higher RPM.
You can do some research and find much more details about this.

#36 ·
I love reading your times. Man I know this is an old Thread but I sure could use your help.
Looks like you've done everything on your T. I have a 2008 CC Flex. Just got the Cajun Pck. as I had the cracked manifold. Jeff and Joe were great very helpful. I got the JBA LT and JBA catback with the Vibrant Reso, thx Jeff. I'm Upreved and Joe has the AFR's down. My truck runs smooth. My concern is this. Before I just had the Superchips 93 Tune and a 22 inch Maggy, CAI. That truck would jump off the line jerk your head back. With Uprev Joe said he can't adjust the throttle sensitivity. Butt dyno feels a lot slower off the line and when passing Fords. off the line it's just average at best. I've never been able to spin the tires. The mid and Top are great but i have to slam the pedal to the floor to get there, I guess I was just expecting what I see on the forums, Tires spinning, hauling ***. Can you give me any ideas to help. I just read a guy has put together a map on uprev that returns my sensitivity. But spinning the tires not even close. Please help, I would really appreciate it. I love my T and now off the line I have 4 bangers beating me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.