Nissan Titan Forum banner

Engage and disengage 4wheel drive???

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BruteTitan 
#1 ·
Okay...I have an 09 Titan and the other day for the first time as the truck only has 1600 miles on it I switched it to 4wheel drive and the light on the dash blinked about once and engaged immediately. After I was done using 4wheel drive I disengaged it and it blinked for quite some time before it finally disengaged? Am I not doing something right? Do I need to let off gas or need to be at a certain speed? Any help would be great, thanks!

#2 ·
Yeah, sometimes is can take a bit. Usually what works is changing the load on the transfer case. A quick way is just to let off the gas, then give it a little pop of gas. This works 9 times out of 10 for me, but every once in a while I actually have to stop the truck and put it in reverse and that pops it out immediately.

#4 ·
Ya when I engage or disengage the 4 wheel drive I just left off the gas pedal and it will work much faster...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.