Nissan Titan Forum banner

New Member - Repairs estimate

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Misfit482 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

new member here, posting on behalf of my dad's 2008 titan.

specs:
2008 Titan
175,000 miles
no mods

This is my dad's truck. I took it to discount tire today to get some new tires. Afterwards I took it a local shop to get the breaks & alignment done.

shop said the front hubs are gone (there is a loud noise coming from the truck, so I think hubs and/or bearing is the cause)

They also said the front camber is out of spec and would need camber bolts to align properly. I just read about this online and it sounds legit.

They found that the rear differential pinion is leaking and that the seal would need to be replaced. They mentioned this is a very common problem with the Titan & Armada.

last item, power steering pressure hose is leaking and would need to be replaced.

here are the estimates

Front camber bolt $216.20
Front wheel hubs (2 front) & break pads (front only) $767.21
Rear differential pinion seal $283.89
Power Steering pressure hose $421.56

Total $1688.86 (price includes, parts, labor, taxes)

fair deal?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
The camber bolts are about $40 so I assume they are quoting you three hours labor.
Hubs are about $100 for OEM. Brake pads are about $50. That price of $767.21 seems high assuming they are saying it takes about 8 hours of labor?
Rear differential is about right-assuming new fluids.
Power steering pressure hose replacement $120 for the hose and another $140 for labor to replace so that seems quite high...

#3 ·
I agree with kronos. The pricing seems a bit high for the repairs. I had my power steering hose replaced last year for about $250ish. After the pinion seal is replaced I would recommend doing the axle vent mod to help preserve the life of it and the axle seals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.