Nissan Titan Forum banner

Quick Keyless Entry Pad Question

2K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  WhiteWaterJim 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay .. I havnt even bought one of these for my Titan yet but i really need one for my 06 LE Frontier. These Keyless pads ..... will they work with my 06 Frontier and how hard is this mod?

I would prefer to go to the gym or when I walk at lunch to justy lock the keys in the car and not have to hang them in the gym or carry them when I walk.

Help ???? Also .. Does Jersey Parts have the best price ?

Hmmm .i might be in luck .. how hard is this mod ?? I wonder if Bill will help me ?
http://www.yournissanparts.com/catalog.aspx?storename=nissanofturnersville&DeptID=188876&ItemID=9599047&detail=1

#2 ·
Hey T, funny you even posted that. I just ordered one tonight about an hour ago. My friend back in Virginia bought one and he swears by it! He says, "I never take my keys with me anywhere now"......tells me that daily. He loves it, so I ordered one! Good luck with it.

#3 ·
lanespd200 said:
Hey T, funny you even posted that. I just ordered one tonight about an hour ago. My friend back in Virginia bought one and he swears by it! He says, "I never take my keys with me anywhere now"......tells me that daily. He loves it, so I ordered one! Good luck with it.
10-4 ... me getting two (lol) ... one for the Titan and one for the frontier. Is the install easy ?

#4 ·
Transformer said:
10-4 ... me getting two (lol) ... one for the Titan and one for the frontier. Is the install easy ?
From what my friend said.......if he can do it, anyone can! He knows my ability is limited! LOL!

#6 ·
its super easy Kurk...just peel the back and stick it where you want it.

You do have to program it to your truck(s) but there are directions. I dont have one (YET) but will very soon.

#7 ·
RIDER said:
I'm pretty sure it will work for your Frontier.

This thread should have the installation instructions. I'm still looking for the exact instructions though.

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17018&highlight=install
Thanks Rider .. thanks Hopeful ... BTW ... when I went to Jersey parts and clicked on the Frontier and then my year it had the pad so its gotta work .. Plus mine is an 06 ...... someone said .. or it might be in that thread you posted Rider that it will work on 04 Titans as well ???

#8 ·
Transformer said:
Thanks Rider .. thanks Hopeful ... BTW ... when I went to Jersey parts and clicked on the Frontier and then my year it had the pad so its gotta work .. Plus mine is an 06 ...... someone said .. or it might be in that thread you posted Rider that it will work on 04 Titans as well ???
Yes, it will work with any Nissan equipped with Keyless Entry.

BTW where are you going to mount it?

In the gas door?

Between the bed?

On the pillar?

Here?

#10 ·
Here are the programming instructions. You will have your own code though.

1. Get in your car. Close the doors. Press the lock button on your remote.
2. Insert key and remove immediately. Repeat until hazard lights flash.
3. Turn key into the ACC position.
4. Press 7/8 + 9/0 buttons simultaneously. Hazard lights flash again.
5. Open door to complete pairing.

When you enter your code, the drivers door unlocks. After the code, you hit 3/4 to unlock all doors. To lock, press 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time. The horn will honk just like with the key fob.

#11 · (Edited)
lanespd200 said:
That gas door one looks like a good place!
absolutely ... plus I like the fact it remains horizontal .. the bed one be option 2 but I'm going with the gas door. Hold on .... does the door ever lock ? ... scratch that .. i was thinking of Peggy 05 path .. think when the key is in her ignition her gas door will not open ??

RIDER said:
Here are the programming instructions. You will have your own code though.

When you enter your code, the drivers door unlocks. After the code, you hit 3/4 to unlock all doors. To lock, press 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time. The horn will honk just like with the key fob.
Thanks Rider .. i think I had better consume one cup of coffee 1st (lol) .. I hope i have a few seconds in bewteen ??

#12 ·
It was very easy to program. I have mine on the pillar because it is the easiest and quickest place to get to. I didn't put mine in the gas door because my fender flares make it a pain to open sometimes and I didn't want to stick it down by the handle because I thought it would get hit there quicker than on the pillar.. Anyways, the install is very easy......

#14 ·
Transformer said:
Cool ... btw Jason ... you are running out of availble Titan mods. Are you eyeballin the Z2's like me ? If I get one it will probably go in the Frontier though (lol) ... what a shame.
I looked at it but if I do get a NAV unit I will stick with the Z1. The only significant change was the addition of a "smart routing algorithm" which to me isn't very significant. Plus with the Z2 coming out, the Z1 prices will be going down a good bit...

#15 ·
Transformer said:
Thanks Rider .. i think I had better consume one cup of coffee 1st (lol) .. I hope i have a few seconds in bewteen ??
The first part is only for programming, which you only do once (unless you want to set a new code?). You only have to do the second part if you want to lock/unlock the doors.

#16 · (Edited)
supadupaj said:
I looked at it but if I do get a NAV unit I will stick with the Z1. The only significant change was the addition of a "smart routing algorithm" which to me isn't very significant. Plus with the Z2 coming out, the Z1 prices will be going down a good bit...
Hmmm . I was told almost twice the size hd (hard drive), however the Z 1's can be converted to the bigger HD. Good insights Jason

RIDER said:
The first part is only for programming, which you only do once (unless you want to set a new code?). You only have to do the second part if you want to lock/unlock the doors.
HUH ??? won't I have to do it all the 1st time around ? Obviously I want to put in my code and unlock the doors.

#17 ·
This part is the programming part, which you do only once:

This is if you want to unlock/lock doors:

#18 ·
or you can be little creative like me and have a secure setup....lol it is a great modd.

Attachments

#19 ·
I don't know T, peeling the tape off the back can be pretty tricky!!!! Maybe Army or some other Florida boys better give you a hand!!!! LOL

#20 ·
BiXLL said:
I don't know T, peeling the tape off the back can be pretty tricky!!!! Maybe Army or some other Florida boys better give you a hand!!!! LOL
Man .. I'm pulling out all the stops to get you down here and running out of ideas (lol). How about I hold it and you peel it ?

#21 ·
If you hit and hold down the 3/4 button after the code the two front windows will roll down.

#23 ·
They are great, that's my truck with it on the back of the cab that Rider posted. Even with my big hands, there is plenty of space to operate it. I didn't want it on the gas door because I didn't want to have to open it to use the keyless entry. I also wanted a more custom look/location, and the back of the cab is perfect.

#25 · (Edited)
Transformer said:
Okay .. I havnt even bought one of these for my Titan yet but i really need one for my 06 LE Frontier. These Keyless pads ..... will they work with my 06 Frontier and how hard is this mod?

I would prefer to go to the gym or when I walk at lunch to justy lock the keys in the car and not have to hang them in the gym or carry them when I walk.

Help ???? Also .. Does Jersey Parts have the best price ?

Hmmm .i might be in luck .. how hard is this mod ?? I wonder if Bill will help me ?
http://www.yournissanparts.com/catalog.aspx?storename=nissanofturnersville&DeptID=188876&ItemID=9599047&detail=1
Hey T- My buddy had one and swore by it, I had a factory one and swore by it,....I'm getting another one,....and I will still swear by it. That's a lot of swearing. I want to know if they make one that wires up to the car battery, or if I can by pass the terminals in the battery compartment to hard wire it,..hmmmmmmm. Sorry, off topic mind wander,..... When the batteries start to go out, you may have to walk to Radio Trash to get new ones at an extreme case, but not for a long time. We did have probs in freezing conditions, (batteries in unit), but nothing to deter this installation. Go for it,.....all the cool kids are doing it,.......

supadupaj said:
Sorry guys,...the only Z1's available will be refurbs,...if you can even get those,....I have been waiting since November for mine,......now I have to get the Z2.

#26 ·
[/QUOTE] Sorry guys,...the only Z1's available will be refurbs,...if you can even get those,....I have been waiting since November for mine,......now I have to get the Z2.[/QUOTE]

That is not true.... You can get them online from Circuit City, crutchfield, as well as other stores and they are factory new, not refurbs..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.