Nissan Titan Forum banner

Just what the Doctor ordered, Xpipe is installed.

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  04titanss 
#1 ·
I got the Dr Gas Xpipe installed tonight. I installed it with stepped SS band clamps and left out the Wurth exhaust paste/sealer in case I wanted to move the Xpipe around a little later but that won't be necessary.

The major points of interest are as follows.

1. Stainless steel is tough stuff, pack a lunch if you don't have a torch. I cut a foot long section out of each side with an electric hack saw and it took a long time.

2. Dr Gas makes good stuff and although they sent me the wrong size pipe the first time, they overnighted the second one after re making it the same day.

3. The pipes are skewed so this mod takes some proper planning and is not for the faint of heart or the ill prepared.

4. If you love the way your Nismo Duals sound right now, DO NOT DO THIS MOD. The Xpipe completely changes the characteristic bwap bwap bwap when you get on it to a much more subdued, Police friendly, smooth performance sound. It's just about like putting a silencer on a gun, the change is nearly that dramatic.

5. There is no dramatic change in cruising speed drone on the highway, there was some before and there is a bit less now, it sounds good and is quite tolerable. I will miss the growl of the stock Nismo but it is a good trade off for me due to the way I drive I would have gotten a noise citation sooner or later.

6. I love this mod and it is exactly the sound I was looking for, smooth performance, kind of like a louder, better performing Zoomers exhaust and I couldn't be happier with it so far. I can get on it now without drawing a huge amount of attention.

I haven't run any logs with it yet but I will do that tomorrow, so far it feels about the same so we will see and since I can't feel anything under 2 tenths of a second I will have to wait to get some logs. If it is performing substantially better it is in the top end and I just can't tell right now and may even have to wait for a track trip to find out for certain.

The Dr Gas Xpipe mod is a success so far and I will post some 0-60 and track results when I get them. I can now sneak up on people a little easier in the Land Shark again and I missed that about the Zoomers.

See less See more
#3 ·
congrats my friend....i got rear-ended at the track tonight, but enough of that....can i do some logs with you tomorrow?? my girl works a half day tomorrow so hopefully no bitc*ing from her...anyway, let me know if i can come with you tomorrow.....i will let you do some by yourself since i know you want to see your times

#5 · (Edited)
o-fivecc said:
congrats my friend....i got rear-ended at the track tonight, but enough of that....can i do some logs with you tomorrow?? my girl works a half day tomorrow so hopefully no bitc*ing from her...anyway, let me know if i can come with you tomorrow.....i will let you do some by yourself since i know you want to see your times
It'll have to be Sunday, it's my grandson's birthday party tomorrow unless we can do it early. How about 9:30 am because I need to run some logs on mine to make sure I'm not running lean after the Xpipe.

christenayuca said:
cant wate to see some vids :)
I still don't have a video camera, I spent that money on an Xpipe, lol.

#6 · (Edited)
i can do 930 am if its ok...i dont want to be a nuisance so let me know...but i could do 930 or earlier

I still don't have a video camera, I spent that money on an Xpipe, lol
...funny, thats why i dont have a laptop yet...stupid truck go fast mods

#7 ·
Papa_D said:
It'll have to be Sunday, it's my grandson's birthday party tomorrow unless we can do it early. How about 9:30 am because I need to run some logs on mine to make sure I'm not running lean after the Xpipe.

maby youll get lucky and some one will video you and put it on youtube agen :thumbsup-big:

#8 ·
Papa_D said:

well he's not answering anymore....i guess he went to bed....first he said it will have to be Sunday then he said maybe at 930...hmmmm what to do, its to late to call him....guess i'll just show up at 930 lol

#10 ·
o-fivecc said:
well he's not answering anymore....i guess he went to bed....first he said it will have to be Sunday then he said maybe at 930...hmmmm what to do, its to late to call him....guess i'll just show up at 930 lol
930 it is my friend, now I'm going to bed, had to get the stink off first so I didn't foul the mattress, lol, see you at 930am Saturday.

#11 ·
thanks man...i will be there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.