Nissan Titan Forum banner

Wet carpet

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mad57fireman 
#1 ·
While vacuuming my truck I noticed that the carpet on the passenger's side was wet. I removed the surronding trim panels and pulled the carpet back. The padding was wet to the touch but there was no water on the floor. I checked my coolant level and it was a little low. Also on the same side is where the power wire for my amp comes through. Any thought or ideas would be great. I don't have the smell of coolant in my truck. I just want to stop any problems while they are small. Thanks.

#2 ·
I believe there was/is a TSB on this. Do some random searches on A/C condensation on here. Also scroll down to the bottom of page and check the "similar threads".

#3 ·
check your AC condensation drain tube, on the firewal that goes out to the engine bay, i had this problem, but my floor wat literally dripping with water under my husky liners, the drain tube came off somehow and the water that drips on the ground if your ac is on was draining into my floor instead, but check around that drain..if you pull the carpet up, there should be a black pad looking thing on the firewall, its hard to see, but if you feel with your hands you will feel where i am talking about, do it when the AC is ON so you can feel the cold, if you cant find that or something, call me, 334 208 0118, KENNY ,its ALOT easier to just tell someone over the phone rather than just trying to type it lol, but if you need some help lmk, BUT that may not be the problem, sounds like it, but who knows, thats just a prob i had. Good luck

#6 ·
Kenny thanks for the help. I'll check when I get home. This site rocks as do all the people on it

#9 ·
That is the norm, AC drainage tube, yet I took my truck in and they gave it a soaking because I told them I had not used the ac at all (when I bought it new in 06) and I ended up with a replacement rear window.. I have the large power one... How they figured that out I have no idea...

#10 ·
My 06 also had a leak in the seal around the power back glass. There is an advisory that if the back window is found to leak that it should be sealed with out removing first. Mine leaked near the top on the passenger side. They found mine by misting it for about 20 minutes with a water hose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.