Nissan Titan Forum banner

Air Horn

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  sirdukedh 
#1 ·
I finally installed this 18" long air horn with compact 12v compressor. I wired up a relay using the factory horn + wire for the switch (85) and 30 amp fused direct battery power for the feed to the relay (30). The mounting bracket for the diaphram end of the horn allowed a lot of adjustment, and it took a little doing to get it positioned precisely where it would not interfere with the grill. I couldn't use the front horn bracket so I just zip-tied the horn to a factory bracket. It's not going anywhere.

So it's much louder now with 3 tones.. I was hoping the frequency would be a little lower, but I'm pretty satisfied overall. At 135 db it gets your attention quite nicely...hehe.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
$40 ebay
No sound clips. It's much louder than stock. Sounds good with the addition of this lower frequency tone to the 2 factory horn tones

#4 ·
Wolo

Not bad there Blue Water, Here's my Wolo power house horn. True not as loud as a horn with a tank but still fun and with it wired to ome horns it is quite a bit louder. he's mine with the extra tranny cooler below. getting that grill on is Tight!

Attachments

#5 ·
I had a klienn tankless and people still weren't getting the point. though it was much louder than stock. now with a 1 gallon tank and two trumpets, i sound like a dump truck on that a$$!

#6 ·
Niiice. That's how I'd like mine to sound... just can't drop the coin on that.

#7 ·
craziest thing. I thought so too. I got the dual 18" trumpets for $50. and then the the tankless a few weeks later for $50. then i did the research on klienn brand, and saw their smallest tank and compressor system for $100. I had to hop on it. in all i spent more than $250 after my PSI gauge, custom fittings and hose for on-board air, but that has actually helped paid off the cost after fixing a few flats for random folks and friends. it took me about 4 months to get it where i like it. piece by piece.

#8 ·
That's it! Mobile flat fixing service & party balloon filling service. ..lol

#9 ·
Lol.........i know! Its genius!:thumbsup-big:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.