Nissan Titan Forum banner

New Titan owner

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  halcyon026 
#1 ·
Hello,

This is my first Titan, 2nd Nissan, I owned an 06 Xterra a decade ago.

It's a 2013 Titan SL.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks.

It came with a BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover.

I have already ordered LED's to replace the interior bulbs & some exterior bulbs. I had them in my BMW and it's a very noticeable difference getting in the Titan now with those dull OEM bulbs.

I have a few things in mind like replacing the OEM headlights with either HID's or LED's, and a Bully Dog GT.

I may do a Westin Bull Bar and add some LED lighting to it also.

#4 ·
Welcome!

As an alternative to the BD GT, check out UpRev tuning. It provides a custom tune that the others just can't, and will really wake up your new Titan. Process is easy - buy the UpRev from an authorized tuner like Cajun bPipes (which gets you the cable and software for your laptop), you log data, email it to the tuner, who will send you an updated ROM file to upload. Iterate that a few times, and you have up to 5 separate custom maps, selectable. Works great, and even better if the OEM exhaust, b-pipes through cat-back, are replaced with high flow units.

Lots of good lighting options. Another alternative to replacing the OEM headlight units with aftermarket (some are good, some not so much), a lot of people retrofit the OEM housings with HIDs, etc. Search for headlight retrofits, and you will see a lot of material. Good vendor for retrofit parts I've used is Retro-Solutions.

Cheers!

#5 ·
Thanks for the info dreep!

After some research I have decided retrofit HID's is the route I'll take. Or buying an aftermarket headlight with projector/HID's, if anyone makes them for the Titan. I'm wanting to get top quality stuff that really increases the light output and visibility.

I'm finding so many brand/sizes of projectors I'm not sure which to go with. People recommend certain OEM projectors (TSX and S2000 for example) and some say projectors like Morimoto are just as good. Honestly I'd like to find an aftermarket headlight with good projectors and get my own Morimoto HID's.

If anyone can recommend the best aftermarket headlights with projectors for HID's let me know! :)

I'll look into the UpRev too!

#6 ·
Probably a somewhat matter of opinion, but in general, the aftermarket units have issues compared to OEM. Issues include sealing integrity and moisture/condensation, and coatings peeling off the lens.

Best route for parts for an OEM retrofit is to use a firm like Retro-solutions - talk to them - to get the scoop on retrofitting their projectors, HIDs. Alternatively, you won't be disappointed with Morimoto components, if you go that route. Xenon-Vision is a new firm, new entry, but has gotten some great reviews for HIDs. If you don't want to unseal and reseal the OEM units yourself (there are good how-to threads), there are folks on the forum who will do that for a fee, and do a great job.

Unfortunately ClubTitan isn't getting the traffic it used to - there is another forum, TitanTalk, which is much more active. Find the fellow who goes by evil-titan. He does retrofit custom work, along with others, and is also conversant in which aftermarket units are OK.

Best aftermarket headlights are Depo (but no real upgrade options) or maybe the Spyder units. Beware of eBay and Amazon ads that say Depo in the title, but when you check the brand, they aren't... Same with HIDs and LEDs, lots of cheap stuff that isn't very good out there.

Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.