Nissan Titan Forum banner

My new magnaflow exhaust...

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  shailey 
#1 ·
Ok, I just installed my magnaflow, not even a week ago and it is already showing that gold tint on the tips. I don't recall seeing this in others pictures, and it sticks out like a sore thumb up against the chrome bumper. I don't have pictures today, but will get some up in the next few days.

Any thing I can do to get rid of it or prevent it.

#2 ·
MuleInAZ said:
Ok, I just installed my magnaflow, not even a week ago and it is already showing that gold tint on the tips. I don't recall seeing this in others pictures, and it sticks out like a sore thumb up against the chrome bumper. I don't have pictures today, but will get some up in the next few days.

Any thing I can do to get rid of it or prevent it.
Is it a chrome tip or SS?

SS will still discolor some.

#3 ·
The magnaflow tips are stainless. You can try to get it clean using a clean smooth cloth such as a handkerchief and Glassex. If that does not get it, you can get buffing/polishing wheels for a grinder but be careful with the pressure.

Places like Ace hardware sell cleaning agents to put on the wheel. Read the descriptions on the packages and choose the one for finishing polished steel. They are little clay looking sticks like this:

http://www.acehardware.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=buffing%20compound&origkw=buffing%20compound

I have buffing wheels on a grinder and you really need enough rpm's to polish the tip good, so it would be best to remove the tip and put two buffing wheels together on a grinder and apply the correct buffing compound and then buff the tip back to a high polish finish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.