Nissan Titan Forum banner

Crowne Performance stainless steel brake lines

3K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  SMOKEDYA2 
#1 ·
Here are the pics of my Crowne Performance stainless steel and kevlar brake lines. These replace the four stock rubber brake lines located at each wheel and the two above the rear axle (I've been told that some Titans may only have one brake line above the rear axle). Reason I changed was to eliminate flex in the brake lines and provide for a stouter pedal feel (which has been accomplished). Also have the Carbotech ceramic pads on the front and replaced the stock brake fluid with Valvoline Dot-3/-4 synthetic brake fluid (rated for higher temps). Stock rotors are still in use but were reported by the dealer to not be warped prior to install. Braking performance has been improved with this set-up. Hardly any brake dust on front wheels. The lines were purchased from Mossy Nissan when we had the group buy a couple months ago.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is another pic of the front SS brake line.

Attachments

#3 ·
wow those look nice, did they stiffin up the brake pedal and remove the fade?

#4 ·
SMOKEDYA2 said:
wow those look nice, did they stiffin up the brake pedal and remove the fade?
The pedal feel is more stout and I don't need to push it as far to the floor to stop as before. I have not noticed any fade with these brake mods.

#5 ·
what did they run you for front and back?

#6 ·
The group buy for the Carbotech front pads was $75 (reg. $90) and the Crowne brake lines were $145 (reg. $160). When I bought the front pads, they did not have any made yet for the rear brakes.

#7 ·
this $145 was for the front and back lines?

#8 ·
Yes, the set includes four lines to replace the ones at each wheel and two lines to replace the ones above the rear axle.

#9 ·
sweet thats a good deal, i thought the deal was just for the front :( guees i need to read more closely next time :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.