Nissan Titan Forum banner

HID Low Beam Head Lights For Halo Lights

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Blue_Water_Rush 
#1 ·
Ok now that im done replacing my oem foglights with the new hid fog lights... Its now time to also upgrade my headlight also to hid low beam lights.... Im thinking 6000k also to match the fogs. But my question is if i buy a low beam hid kit will it work with my previous purchased halo lights or do i have to shell out another $300+ to get the new halo hid headlight kit.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You should just need to swap out the low beam bulbs in your headlights and plug in the ballast assembly. There isnt any reason I can think of that you would need different headlight assemblies. Every hid set up I have seen for the titans are just plug and play. Did you have to change over to a different size bulb for low beams when you got your new halo lights? If not then just get the hid kit and pop it in. Normally doesnt take more than 15-20 min.

#4 ·
I don't believe you should have any issues. Those head lights should be rated for the heat, if built correctly.

#5 ·
Generally HIDs don't run as hot as incandescent bulbs. With HIDs the light is produced by a spark more or less and incandescent bulbs have a filament that that literally gets hot due to resistance causing the filament to glow.
I could be wrong with the temp thing but I am fairly sure HIDs run cooler than incandescent or halogen or whatever you wanna call oem style bulbs.

#7 ·
Since you now have projectors for the low beam, you need an HID kit that is made for them, instead of for the oem reflector housings. I would check with the seller you bought the halos from. My projector housings came with a 6000k kit for the lows pre-installed, so I don't know the exact bulb since it was never specified (9006, H1 etc.) It must clear the space inside the projector.

#8 ·
I wouldn't try and make it any mote complicated than it has to be. I have never heard of or seem a special bulb for projector headlight housings. Just make sure if the light calls for a 9006 bulb that you get a 9006 bulb in the hid. The type and size of the bulb is determined by this number. The other numbers that stand for color are labeled. This number should be and almost always is followed by the letter K. The K stands for Kelvin. Kelvin is actually a temperature measurement so a bulb that is 6000k references 6000 degrees Kelvin. Most companies that sell the kits have a color chart you can use. I always use the brightest white color. I believe that is 6000k. The bulbs are always the same brightness as in they have the same lumen output. Once you get away from the white colors it appears to not be as bright due to some of the light is beyond what our eyes can process.

#9 ·
I have had my projector lights for over 4 years now so its almost imposible for me to figure out who i purchased them from now. But i am using 6000k for the fogs and im defenately going to stick with 6000k for the low beams also. The only thing im not sure about is what # is on the bulb i have so ill have to check that later b4 i make my purchase.

#10 ·
There IS a difference between the kits as far as projector vs. reflector housings... not trying to complicate... just clarify. Also as far as Kelvin temps, if you want a more crystal type of white, 4300k is about right. 6000k has a hint of blue, but you probably already know that. I would definitely match the lows to the fogs.. JMOI

http://www.blindinghid.com/hid-conversions-with-projectors/

#11 ·
Advantages of HID over incandescent or halogen...

The first major advantage is that the xenon light bulbs have greater output of light. They are up to 3 times brighter than standard halogens. At night this is very crucial because the lack of visibility is the biggest cause of automobile accidents during night time driving. The second biggest advantage is that the viewing radius is increased up to 70 percent! Xenon light bulbs will have 70% wider road coverage due to the fact they are brighter. This will illuminate any blind spots on the road and especially would be useful in spotting any potential road-side hazards such as debris and
animals on the road. With the whiter light with a blue tint on xenon headlights we are able to have a clearer visibility on the road. The whiter light penetrates darkness better than the yellow halogen light and as a result we are able to see better in tougher weather conditions like rain and fog.

The best benefits of xenon HID lights are the most obvious direct benefits that they offer. They are a lot more durable than halogen lights. They can withstand a greater amount of vibration and shock from the road due to there being no filament. There is also much greater life span. Xenon gas will last up to 10 years; this is about 3 times longer than halogen. As an end result this will save us money and any trouble dealing with a blown out light at night. Of course with a light that is 3 times as bright you may think that it also consumes 3 times as much power...Wrong! Xenon lights consume 25% less power than standard headlights and produce 25% more light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.