Nissan Titan Forum banner

Which Programmer

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  hawaiititan06 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2006 Titan 2-WD Ex Cab it is on its way to me here in Hawaii .
It has a few upgrades some nice 20 - Inch Wheels with some 305 Nitto tires-- Stillen Supercharger--Dual Exit Borla Exhaust, Not sure what else I jumped on it for a great price off e-bay, anyhow I was curious as to which programmer would best mate up with existing supecharger / Borla upgrades looks like most programmers offered produce an addtional 30-HP, Anyhow I am a Total newbie here, As I have never even set in the Cab of one of these trucks before let alone ever driven one. it has lower miles and looks to be in mint condition. Looking what else I can do to ad to performance. I am strongly considering a full on Brake Rotor / piston up-grade as this looks to be one of the weaker stock parts of the Truck especially with the Supercharger upgrade I want strong stopping power, Not sure what else it has. I am hoping to have a fun daily driver truck to have here for

#2 ·
Uprev custom tuning is your only option with the supercharger.

#3 ·
Yep that would be the first thing to get rid of is the VKPro off of it and do what Uprev says and they can tune it. Trans might become an issue then.

#5 ·
06- Titan Trans up-grade?

Just purchased 06 Titan being it has a Stillan supercharger I am a bit concerned about the longevity of the stock Transmission. Wanted to find out who out there builds the best aftermarket Trans for it.
And what direction should i consider to go as far as what do I really need. again my truck is my daily driver for work and its my toy for fun. Was wondeing if I should just go the extreme and have a fully built trans sent to me then send back my stock core. or is this over kill.
I have a friend who is a solid Transmission builder as this is all he does.
Would an up-graded Vavle Body and a Torque converter be all i need or should I consider more ? you input is greatly appreciated to this newbie my truck is on its way to me now from AZ coming to me here in Hawaii, I have never even drove a Titan before. I am replacing my current stock 06- Tundra which I just sold for a great deal and found this already modded Titan with low miles and jumped on it. which looks to be in mint condition and had these aftermarket things already done, Stillan supercharger--Borla Dual Exit exhaust and more, with only 40-K miles for $16500 totally loaded edtion leather interior lots of aftermarket

#6 ·
Just purchased 06 Titan being it has a Stillan supercharger I am a bit concerned about the longevity of the stock Transmission. Wanted to find out who out there builds the best aftermarket Trans for it.
And what direction should i consider to go as far as what do I really need. again my truck is my daily driver for work and its my toy for fun. Was wondeing if I should just go the extreme and have a fully built trans sent to me then send back my stock core. or is this over kill.
I have a friend who is a solid Transmission builder as this is all he does.
Would an up-graded Vavle Body and a Torque converter be all i need or should I consider more ? you input is greatly appreciated to this newbie my truck is on its way to me now from AZ coming to me here in Hawaii, I have never even drove a Titan before. I am replacing my current stock 06- Tundra which I just sold for a great deal and found this already modded Titan with low miles and jumped on it. which looks to be in mint condition and had these aftermarket things already done, Stillan supercharger--Borla Dual Exit exhaust and more, with only 40-K miles for $16500 totally loaded edtion leather interior lots of aftermarket
If it has stock exhaust manifolds and the cats you better get them off quick, the SC will eat the stockers. Do some research on here for the guys that had the SC. I hope you don't have any of their issues but cats will get ate with that VKPRo and all the fuel it dumps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.