Nissan Titan Forum banner

BurtmanIndustries Xetronic HID Conversion Kit Install (PICS)

13K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  JasonB 
#1 · (Edited)
First off I want to say this Xetronic HID kit from www.burtmanindustries.com is top quality. These things look great at night and give a lot of light. It is my first set of HID's and I can tell you I will never own another vehicle without them. The difference between these lights and stock halogen lights is night and day. As always BurtmanIndustries.com has selected a top notch product to sell. They may not be the cheapest but you know the saying "You get what you pay for". I will try and add to this but I wanted to get the pictures up for now.LINK TO KIT ON BURTMANS SITE
ENJOY!
M4ck

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks awesome and it lookslike it is pretty easy to install..... Thanks for the tips.. My birthday is less than a month away... I love birthdays...

#4 ·
thanks m4ck, its so much easier to take the grill and headlights out. i agree and have said this since i installed my hid's that ill never have another vehicle without hid's. the make so much difference!!!!! great write up

#5 ·
Beautiful post my man....they should all be that detailed.

#7 ·
Thanks guys I actually installed the kit Wed last week but didnt have the ballasts mounted. I wanted to do it right so decided I would try and document the process for anyone planning on doing this fun mod. This has a great cool factor with the blue tint in the light but also very functional for the extra light you get. I drive to work in the dark every morning and there are a lot of deer on the way. The extra light gives me a little more time to react.
Thanks again
M4ck

#8 ·
What kelvin rating are yours? I was reading the description on burtman's site and noticed there's 4 different ratings from 4300k-10000k with 4300k being the brightest. BTW, great pics.

#10 ·
Jerm said:
What kelvin rating are yours? I was reading the description on burtman's site and noticed there's 4 different ratings from 4300k-10000k with 4300k being the brightest. BTW, great pics.
Correct the 4300k are the brightest. I really like the 6000k because they have a hint of blue. Not so much that its overpowering. Almost like a BMW or Mercedes. I am very pleased with them. If you want them really blue then 8000k would be as high as I would go. Remember the higher you go the less light you actually get.
M4ck

#12 ·
Just wondering. . . I got the same kit from Jason: Did you have to crimp on the connectors for the stock wiring yourself? I did. I'm a computer geek so I had the right set of crimpers, but this was the only downside to the kit for me. For that price you'd think the connectors would be pre-installed. Maybe the polarity of the wires is different on different vehicles though. . .

#13 ·
Great play-by-play! I've been thinking about getting these but I get flashes from other drivers even with the stocks and wonder if this will really pi$$ people off?

#14 ·
docopharm said:
Great play-by-play! I've been thinking about getting these but I get flashes from other drivers even with the stocks and wonder if this will really pi$$ people off?
You have the PRG kit. I bet you get flashed because your lights are aimed to high now. With the 2 inches you raised the front you also raised the angle of the lights. You should have adjusted your lights to aim down a little. This will prevent you from getting the flashes. I had this problem also. Its easy to adjust.
Look at my second picture in the first post and you will see where to adjust it. By the way I have not been flashed yet with this kit.
M4ck

#15 ·
Darth_Titan said:
Just wondering. . . I got the same kit from Jason: Did you have to crimp on the connectors for the stock wiring yourself? I did. I'm a computer geek so I had the right set of crimpers, but this was the only downside to the kit for me. For that price you'd think the connectors would be pre-installed. Maybe the polarity of the wires is different on different vehicles though. . .
Yes you do have to crimp your connectors for you specific vehicle on. These kits are universal. They will go in any vehicle. The only difference from vehicle to vehicle is the connectors that ship with them that you have to use to splice in to your specific make and model. This is a good thing though. Prevents you from having to splice wires together.

Darth_Titan is referring to the connector in this picture labeled CONNECTS TO STOCK WIRING

#16 ·
m4ck said:
docopharm said:
You have the PRG kit. I bet you get flashed because your lights are aimed to high now. With the 2 inches you raised the front you also raised the angle of the lights. You should have adjusted your lights to aim down a little. This will prevent you from getting the flashes. I had this problem also. Its easy to adjust.
Look at my second picture in the first post and you will see where to adjust it. By the way I have not been flashed yet with this kit.
M4ck
I had to adjust mine down a little after my PRG mini lift.

Looks really good Josh!!! I could use this, most of my driving is at night.

#20 ·
Couldn't have done it without some tips from others her like Got_Titan. I was trying to do it just going in from the wheel well and some may do this but I found it much easier to mount everything by doing it like this. Takes a bit longer but its really not that hard and you can mount everything in a nice clean fashion. helps keep it clean looking.
m4ck

#21 ·
Thanks for the detailed posting! I definitely want to add these to my wish list. Anyone willing to help me with the install?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.