Nissan Titan Forum banner

How to: Straight-Wire Recon Line of Fire with white back up lights

25K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  JasonB 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok after a bit of trial and error I have the wiring nailed down to be able to straight wire the LED lights so you don't have to plug it into your 4 pin trailer connection. This will allow you to use the lights and pull a trailer at the same time.

From Light bar: to Truck wiring:
Solid White wire / Yellow with Red trace
Ground (White trace) / Solid Black
Park light / Solid Red
Left turn signal / Green with Black trace
Right turn signal / Yellow with Black trace

Sorry about the video's I'm not used to getting videos in the dark.
Pick up this light bar with white reverse lights at Burtmanindustries.com

Hope this helps some others.
M4ck

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeh I am really liking this mod. Even my dad and brother saw it last night and both of them want them now. The video doesnt do it justice at all. They look very bright and have a brilliant color. Very high quality product. I will feel safer on the highway driving at night now. If someone says they didnt see me hit the brakes we will know they are lying.
M4ck

#5 ·
Can i use this same wiring guide to help me hook up bright reverse lights mounted under the bumper? The past posts either seemed too expensive or too complicated for me to do. I just want to increase the visibility behind the truck as I back up.

#6 ·
Hippie said:
Can i use this same wiring guide to help me hook up bright reverse lights mounted under the bumper? The past posts either seemed too expensive or too complicated for me to do. I just want to increase the visibility behind the truck as I back up.
Yeh should be the same wiring.

#7 ·
I dont have the B/T package or a receiver would the harness under the bumper work or do i need some sort of relays... ?
If i do need the relays what part r they?

p.s. I dont think I'll ever used my truck to tow, is there any where else I can get power for this mod? thank you

#8 ·
PM Jerseyparts and ask him to get you the relay you need. You dont have to have the tow package cause I didnt have it either. I did add the oem hitch and relays and wiring but you dont have to. Just tie into the wiring that is hanging under the rear of the truck.
M4ck

#9 ·
m4ck said:
Yeh I am really liking this mod. Even my dad and brother saw it last night and both of them want them now. The video doesnt do it justice at all. They look very bright and have a brilliant color. Very high quality product. I will feel safer on the highway driving at night now. If someone says they didnt see me hit the brakes we will know they are lying.
M4ck
m4ck,
I really like this mod, but I don't want to cover over the spare tire lift tool access hole. Did you find a way to mount to light without covering hole? If so , pictures and instructions would be great
, Boone

#10 · (Edited)
Boone-Titan said:
m4ck,
I really like this mod, but I don't want to cover over the spare tire lift tool access hole. Did you find a way to mount to light without covering hole? If so , pictures and instructions would be great
, Boone
Yep, you just install it upside down, and problems sovled.

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoomprod.php?id=led_light_bar - choose 60" for titan.

#11 ·
JasonB said:
Wouldn't that mean that your left hand turn signal will light with the right side of the LOF and vice versa? You'd have to rewire the turn signals backwards (which wouldn't be too hard). That would throw the 4-pin adapter option out the door.

#12 · (Edited)
JasonB said:
If you install it upside down, then the right side will blink with the left blinker and left side will blink with the right blinker...
??

PenguinLE said:
Wouldn't that mean that your left hand turn signal will light with the right side of the LOF and vice versa? You'd have to rewire the turn signals backwards (which wouldn't be too hard). That would throw the 4-pin adapter option out the door.
whoops, I never saw you posted the same thing! :) I thought Jason was the last to post in this thread, but I didn't see there was a page 2 with your post.

#13 ·
you should just be able to swap the left and right wires and then it would work no problem. I gotta tell you I really like these lights.

#14 ·
We'll be slicing and dicing this weekend on my truck. I think I'll install the line, then wire it up.

Time to go shopping for good wire loom...

#16 ·
titanse05 said:
Soldering sounds like a good idea too since the wires will be exposed to winter weather.
We'll be backing the truck into the garage, plugging in the solder gun, and getting the heat shrink ready. I plan to expose the copper, twist to about 1/2" exposed/braided, solder, heatshrink, tape, and then wrap with wire loop.

#21 ·
FYI - Anyone without the BT package from the factory needs to pick up 3 relays (2 blue and 1 brown) for this to function correctly. Otherwise, all the lights will not work.

#23 ·
Boone-Titan said:
m4ck,
, Boone
I mounted mine right side up with the lights just below the access hole then just cut the peice that was coving the hole. I cut this peice out before I taped it on for good.

#25 ·
If you don't have Big Tow, those wires are not all powered because you do not have the 3 Relays mentioned. The relays will allow power through to those wires, which are meant for towing.

You can also splice into the wires in the taillight assemblies if you don't want to buy Relays. You can get R/L, L/T, REV from the Left assembly and R/T from the Right assembly. Power draw for these LED's is very low, nothing to worry about as far as blowing a fuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.