#1 Old 01-04-2007, 04:30 AM
M4ck
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to M4ck Send a message via MSN to M4ck
How To: Wire 04 XE Non Prewired fog light kit

Ok took me a while but I finally hooked up my fog light kit on my 04 XE KC that was not pre-wired for the fog lights from factory.

Here is a list of things you will need.
1. Fog light kit with stalk
2. Fog light pigtail x 2
3. Auto Relay Part# 275-226 (local RadioShack about $7.00)
4. 10 AMP in line fuse (walmart automotive section)
5. Wire (always get a thicker wire than you really need)
6. Misc tools accessories: Crimper, butt connectors,

I have made a diagram to show how and hook things up.
First you need to remove the factory stalk that does not have the fog light switch. To do this remove 2 screws on bottom part of steering wheel column cover. There is another screw on the left side of cover with a small plastic cover over it you will need a flat head to pop out the cover to get to the screw. You don't have to pull the cover off. Just pull apart enought to remove the stock stalk.
You will need to remove 2 screws in the stalk that comes with the fog light kit and snip the green and blue wires as close to pcb as possible to allow room to connect wire to them with the butt connectors. The blue wire needs to be grounded. I did this on the firewall behind the brake pedal. You may have to pull the carpet back just a little to get to one. Then connect more wire to the green wire and run through the firewall to the relay and connect to pin 86.
Then connect a wire with in-line amp from positive side of battery to pin 87 on the relay.
You need to pull back the wheel well cover on the passenger side of truck and find the park light wire. Its the wire connected to the yellow bulb in the upper right hand corner when looking through the wheel well at the back of the light housing. Peel back the tape that is wrapped around the wires adn find the red wire with a blue stripe. You will need to splice into this wire and connect the other end to pin 85 on the relay.
Next attach the fog light pigtails to the back of the fog lights once you have installed them. They are very easy to put in. The pigtails are keyed so you can't attach them wrong. The ground wires are the ones labled B on the pigtail. Ground them to the truck frame. Connect wire from the two possitive wires of the pigtails, labeled A to pin 30/51 on the relay.
If you wire up the kit as described here then your fog lights will come on when the low beams or park lights are on. Hopefully this helps and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.
M4ck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fog light diagram.jpg
Views:	18974
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	19735   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0449.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	19736   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0451.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	19737   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0448.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	19738  

My CarDomain site <--Updated
2004 XE KC 4x2 Radiant Silver | DYNO: HP 350.16 TQ 404.68
Surgeon General never said anything about smoking a Hemi!
Lund Interceptor Bug Shield : WeatherTech VentVisors : "Dunder" Grill : Volant CAI : Dual IN/OUT Flowmaster Exhaust : Carbon Fiber Dash kit : PRG Leveling Kit : Painted Engine Cover : Upgraded 6 spoke LE Rims and Tires : Xetronic HID Conversion Kit : Eco#3 Fuel Filter(1.6mpg increase) : Nissan Hitch Receiver : Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks : Recon "Line of Fire with backup lights" : Airaid TBS : Westin Bull Bar : Aries Oval OffRoad Steps NX Nitrous Express Wet Kit : UPREV Tune 93 Octane/Nitrous

Josh M.

Last edited by M4ck; 01-04-2007 at 04:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-04-2007, 11:32 AM
baseballfanz
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to baseballfanz Send a message via MSN to baseballfanz Send a message via Yahoo to baseballfanz
Very nice diagram M4CK.
Picture of the inside of the light stalk.

Titan/Armada part numbers

Nissan's OBD II codes

Truetrac 305.5 WHP 370.4 ft/lbs tq.

Last edited by baseballfanz; 01-04-2007 at 05:32 PM.
#3 Old 01-04-2007, 11:42 AM
nascarjody
Shift_Obsessed

I will have to remember this for my little brothers truck.

R.I.P ChooChoo AKA Bobby
#4 Old 02-06-2007, 10:59 PM
JIMMI52082
Shift_Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JIMMI52082
do they always come on with parking lights or head lights or can you control them with the stalk this way ?
#5 Old 02-07-2007, 12:16 AM
baseballfanz
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to baseballfanz Send a message via MSN to baseballfanz Send a message via Yahoo to baseballfanz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMMI52082
do they always come on with parking lights or head lights or can you control them with the stalk this way ?
You can chose for the fog lights to come on with parking lights or headlights, once on you CAN turn the fogs off if you chose at the stalk (factory switch).

Titan/Armada part numbers

Nissan's OBD II codes

Truetrac 305.5 WHP 370.4 ft/lbs tq.
#6 Old 03-09-2008, 02:02 PM
SoCal_Titan
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to SoCal_Titan
After Installing these Fog Lights this way Will an HID Kit be Plug N Play or will i have to Splice into the wiring?

05 KC XE
Performance: Bully Dog GT, K&N CAI, 07 Exhaust w/11" MF DI/DO Dumped, Big 3 in 1/0g
Exterior: Modded 08 Headlights, Gloss Black Grille Shell w/DIY Grille Colormatched, Colormatched Mirrors, Debadged, SS Roll Pan, Rear Leaf Removal w/ST Drop Shackles, Painted Flat Black 05 SE Wheels, Armada Airdam, 20% Tinted Front Windows, 2 Toned Hood
Interior: Flat Black Radio/Gauge Bezel & Door Panels, Seat Lift, Audio Build in Progress
#7 Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 PM
EAC-ISR
Shift_Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4ck
Ok took me a while but I finally hooked up my fog light kit on my 04 XE KC that was not pre-wired for the fog lights from factory.

Here is a list of things you will need.
1. Fog light kit with stalk
2. Fog light pigtail x 2
3. Auto Relay Part# 275-226 (local RadioShack about $7.00)
4. 10 AMP in line fuse (walmart automotive section)
5. Wire (always get a thicker wire than you really need)
6. Misc tools accessories: Crimper, butt connectors,

I have made a diagram to show how and hook things up.
First you need to remove the factory stalk that does not have the fog light switch. To do this remove 2 screws on bottom part of steering wheel column cover. There is another screw on the left side of cover with a small plastic cover over it you will need a flat head to pop out the cover to get to the screw. You don't have to pull the cover off. Just pull apart enought to remove the stock stalk.
You will need to remove 2 screws in the stalk that comes with the fog light kit and snip the green and blue wires as close to pcb as possible to allow room to connect wire to them with the butt connectors. The blue wire needs to be grounded. I did this on the firewall behind the brake pedal. You may have to pull the carpet back just a little to get to one. Then connect more wire to the green wire and run through the firewall to the relay and connect to pin 86.
Then connect a wire with in-line amp from positive side of battery to pin 87 on the relay.
You need to pull back the wheel well cover on the passenger side of truck and find the park light wire. Its the wire connected to the yellow bulb in the upper right hand corner when looking through the wheel well at the back of the light housing. Peel back the tape that is wrapped around the wires adn find the red wire with a blue stripe. You will need to splice into this wire and connect the other end to pin 85 on the relay.
Next attach the fog light pigtails to the back of the fog lights once you have installed them. They are very easy to put in. The pigtails are keyed so you can't attach them wrong. The ground wires are the ones labled B on the pigtail. Ground them to the truck frame. Connect wire from the two possitive wires of the pigtails, labeled A to pin 30/51 on the relay.
If you wire up the kit as described here then your fog lights will come on when the low beams or park lights are on. Hopefully this helps and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.
M4ck

how did you install the fog light to the bumper?did u have to drill holes for it to install,or does it just snaps into place?thanks

2006 smoke CC XE..
GALAXY REMOTE START W/ADS BYPASS MODULE
S&B Intake kit
POWER ACOUSTIC DETACHABLE 7"IN-DASH DVD
7"HEADREST ADJUSTABLE MONITORS
3000watts Sound Storm MonoBlock amp 1ohm stable
1200 watts Sound Storm amp for mid's & highs
0gauge amp wire kit
2-10inch Audiobahn subs w/600RMS each subs
ofcourse AVENGED SEVENFOLD DEATHBAT DECAL ON REAR WINDOW....
#8 Old 03-28-2009, 04:30 PM
tampa_titan2
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Titan View Post
After Installing these Fog Lights this way Will an HID Kit be Plug N Play or will i have to Splice into the wiring?
HID kit would still be plug and play
#9 Old 11-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Novice
Shift_lurker

Thanks for the write-up. Will this work for a '06 SE?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode