Need help installing module(chip) into IAT sensor - Nissan Titan Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 06-17-2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
FireTitan
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question Need help installing module(chip) into IAT sensor

I recently purchased a module that is to be connected to the two wires for the IAT sensor. I been told the IAT sensor is also with the MAT sensor on the tube from the air filter. If this is correct, could someone tell me which two wires or where I could find a diagram. If its not correct please let me know. While I'm here, my kids are getting me a Volant cold air intake. Is this one of the top brands. Thanks in advance.

04 SE 4WD
Custom Exhaust, 2.5" True Dual Cherry Bomb turbo's, Rockford Fosgate system, Tow Hitch w/Bully hitch step, Bucket seats, Bug shield, Vent visors, Upper & Lower Billet grills, Bull Bar, 3rd Brakelight Chrome Flame cover, Fog lights, Mirror Turn signals, Tailgate & rear lights chrome trim, Nerf Bars, Head-ache Rack, Fender Flares, Various Emergency lighting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
This is not what you want to hear.........
Don't go to the trouble. This won't do anything for you, except probably lower your mileage, and end up with modified/damaged wiring.
Those "chips", which are nothing more than a 29 cent resistor, won't do what they claim.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 PM
TitanBlue
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd recommend you dispose of the chip you bought. They are usually just a resistor that causes the ECU to get false information from the MAF Sensor. This will damage your engine. Do not use this. These are a common Ebay ripoff that many have sold for years.

For real, and safe results, look into the following true tuner products.

UpRev Osiris or UpRev MailIn Flash (Most popular and versatile)
Bully Dog
Hypertech
Stillen VKPro II

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit and 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director
post #4 of 6 Old 06-18-2008, 12:00 AM
baseballfanz
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to baseballfanz Send a message via MSN to baseballfanz Send a message via Yahoo to baseballfanz
Like they say but if you must here's a diagram.
I take no responsibility for anyone's Titan getting messed up.

At least your kids got some sense in getting you the Volant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maf.jpg
Views:	1660
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	39342  

Titan/Armada part numbers

Nissan's OBD II codes

Truetrac 305.5 WHP 370.4 ft/lbs tq.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-20-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
FireTitan
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Smile

As they say, 3 strikes and your out. So I will gladly take the advice of the three replies and not install the module.
I will look into the list that TitanBlue has sent. Thank you all for the advice.

04 SE 4WD
Custom Exhaust, 2.5" True Dual Cherry Bomb turbo's, Rockford Fosgate system, Tow Hitch w/Bully hitch step, Bucket seats, Bug shield, Vent visors, Upper & Lower Billet grills, Bull Bar, 3rd Brakelight Chrome Flame cover, Fog lights, Mirror Turn signals, Tailgate & rear lights chrome trim, Nerf Bars, Head-ache Rack, Fender Flares, Various Emergency lighting
post #6 of 6 Old 06-20-2008, 07:56 PM
o-fivecc
Shift_Obsessed

yea i put one on a truck a while back and it did less than nothing...but your making the right decision on not putting it on....anyway....the Volant is one of the best intakes out, so your kids did ya right

New ride: 2005 Pontiac GTO

Sold
2005 Crew Cab...13.7 @99.1 NA...13.3 at 103 Juicin'

Nismo LT headers, Uprev tune, no cats, JBA catback with 22" Mag, Detroit Tru-Trac, 07 intake, AEM Brute Force, Trans-Go shift kit
Nismo SS gauges, Graphite OEM 20's w/ Yokohama Parada Spec-X in 275/55/20, rear drop shackles, modded headlights, tinted tails, Armaden LEDs, Hellwig traction springs, Bilsteain 5100's rear, Hellwig rear sway bar, Armada airdam, DDM 8000k HIDs in headlights and fogs---And DDM sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode