User Tag List

#1 Old 08-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Learjet
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pinion seal leak, need advice

2006 CC, Big tow, axle vent mod, 47,000 miles total, 17,000 of the 47,000 towing Travel trailer.

My question is: Pinion seal is leaking. It leaked bad on time , now just a little. I am bring it to the dealer any advice, since it is only leaking a little now? and should I disconnect the axle vent mod?

I should add, that the first time it did it I added fluid because it was down 1/4 of an inch. I just checked it again and it was down 1/4 inch or so again, so I add some more fluid. It was never run low on fluid. It seems to leak more under a load while towing, if I had to guess.

Thanks !

2006 white SE CC, Big tow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-13-2008, 08:25 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You are in warranty, so let the dealer fix it.
I think it would be a good idea to remove your vent mod, even though it didn't have anything to do with the leak.
#3 Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Canadian Miner
Shift_Hardcore

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Depending on your dealer it may be a good idea to remove the mod before you take it in. With mine I discussed it with the shop manager and some of there senior techs and left them with the part numbers so they could do it for other owners.

2005 SE Crew Off-Road Big Tow High Utility
KC Lights, Nissan Brush Guard, PRG Performance Lift, SAWs, Deaver Packs, 35" Duratracs, 34" AT KOs, Backup Light, Stillen Rad, AT Grounding Kit, MXP Intake, JBA Titanium Ceramic Long Tubes, Cajun Cat'd 2.5" B Pipes, 08 Pipes, Borla Swap, UpRev Tuned, Timbren SES, RC Traction Bars
#4 Old 08-14-2008, 07:07 AM
LPTITAN
Shift_Fanatic

Thought I had a a bad axle seal again last week turns out to be my pinion seal dealer is going to fix under power train warranty.My truck has 43000 miles on it.The only thing I am scared of is my tru trac.I told the service guy about it and he was real cool and sead do not worry about it.But the tru trac could void my factory warranty if he wanted it to.

04 king cab 2wd 294 rear-Uprev generic tuned with JET maf and running tru duals 2 inch to muffler with H pipe to a single 18 inch magnaflow 2 in 2 out 21/2 inch tails will be changeing to 2 inch in the futur, nismo cai, iradium plugs, tb screen removed,trutrac. Liquid Metal 22 inch rims with Nitto 420 tires,1 1/2 inch rear drop by spring removal ,Helwig sway bar, roll pan, functional hood scoop in to Nissmo cai, grill inserts, debadged, slotted and drilled rotors, dash kit.TB bye passed, carbon fiber tail lights and Bilstein shocks, cover king leatherett seat covers, scan gauge ll, undercover bed cover, Best Gtech 6.16.
#5 Old 08-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Learjet
Shift_lurker

I will put the OEM vent back on before I bring it in, it is to easy to put back.

2006 white SE CC, Big tow

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode