BiXLL
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BiXLL
ABS sensor replacement

Anybody have any experiance doing this? My slip, abs, and vdc off lights were on. I took truck and payed the $80.oo for the consult diagnose and found my driver side abs sensor is bad. Stealership wants $90.00 labor to replace it, and I have not gone and looked yet, but it can't be that bad a job to do. Any help out there?

Born-4/27/04
Adopted-7/25/04
Smoke SE CC 4X4
Popular Captain, Big Tow, Utili-trak, Bed Extender,Fog Lights, OEM Seat Covers, Truxedo Lo Pro, Xm SkiFi 2, Bushwacker FenderFlares, APS Billet Grill, Weathertech Vent Visors, Lund Bug Shield, Stainless Door Pillars, Stainless Window Sills, Chrome Tailgate trim, Challanger Tube Steps, X-Pel Paint Protection, Front Tint, PIAA Silicone Wipers, Gibson 3" Stainless Single, Volant CAI, Airaid TB Spacer, ECO Fuel System, 2% Timing Advance, Active Tuning Ground Kit, DR Coilovers , Total Chaos arms, Bilstien 5100s, Deaver 2 1/2" Rear Spring Pack, Pro Comp Extreme 1079s. BFG AT 315x70x17, LM Bull Bar, PIAA Driving Lights, Wireless Keypad, Remote Start, under seat gun safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-29-2008, 10:45 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This is a fairly easy job. You will have to remove the brake caliper and rotor to get to the sensor. Look at attachment for sensor removal/replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ABS Sensor Removal.JPG
Views:	2460
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	41386  
#3 Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 PM
DEMOND
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to DEMOND
#4 Old 09-29-2008, 10:51 PM
BiXLL
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Thanks Steve and Demon, looks like there is not much to it! I have also been reading up that a lot of times the sensors will show a short when dirty, so I will try cleaning it if it looks dirty.

Born-4/27/04
Adopted-7/25/04
Smoke SE CC 4X4
Popular Captain, Big Tow, Utili-trak, Bed Extender,Fog Lights, OEM Seat Covers, Truxedo Lo Pro, Xm SkiFi 2, Bushwacker FenderFlares, APS Billet Grill, Weathertech Vent Visors, Lund Bug Shield, Stainless Door Pillars, Stainless Window Sills, Chrome Tailgate trim, Challanger Tube Steps, X-Pel Paint Protection, Front Tint, PIAA Silicone Wipers, Gibson 3" Stainless Single, Volant CAI, Airaid TB Spacer, ECO Fuel System, 2% Timing Advance, Active Tuning Ground Kit, DR Coilovers , Total Chaos arms, Bilstien 5100s, Deaver 2 1/2" Rear Spring Pack, Pro Comp Extreme 1079s. BFG AT 315x70x17, LM Bull Bar, PIAA Driving Lights, Wireless Keypad, Remote Start, under seat gun safe
#5 Old 09-30-2008, 06:57 PM
src4usarmy
Shift_Fanatic

If that 90 includes the sensor, I would let them do it. I paid around 80 something for my sensor with a discount. If not, then you can do it no problem. I don't know if cleaning it will work becuase they are sealed and nothing should be on it. Make sure to clean around where it seals really good and use the grease that comes with it and don't let anything get in the hole. My lights went off almost immediately after fixing it. If you can change brakes, you can do this.
#6 Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
BiXLL
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by src4usarmy
If that 90 includes the sensor, I would let them do it. I paid around 80 something for my sensor with a discount. If not, then you can do it no problem. I don't know if cleaning it will work becuase they are sealed and nothing should be on it. Make sure to clean around where it seals really good and use the grease that comes with it and don't let anything get in the hole. My lights went off almost immediately after fixing it. If you can change brakes, you can do this.
LOL, no the $90.00 was labor, they wanted 154.00 for the sensor!!! I got it from Brian (jerseyparts) for $115.00. I'm not worried, I've done much more complicated then this.

Born-4/27/04
Adopted-7/25/04
Smoke SE CC 4X4
#7 Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Drifter518
Shift_lurker

where is the cheapest place to buy and ABS sensor?? I have been looking around and can't find it for cheaper then 150.
#8 Old 03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Toomnymods
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Toomnymods Send a message via Yahoo to Toomnymods
why would you have to remove the brake rotor and caliper?? if you can climb under the truck and come at it from behind this is like a 5 minute job.. nothing to remove but the sensor itself

05' Blizzard White 4X2 KC SE SOLD
Performance mods: Toomany... click here for info:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685188

Videos are here: Http://www.youtube.com/user/Toomnymods?feature=mhum
12.3@109mph 7/9/10 HRP (New times coming soon!!)
93 Octane Map 523 RWHP / 573 TQ 1/31/13

New Ride: 2014 Sterling Gray Mustang Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, Bama 93R Tune, Borla S Catback, DSS Alum driveshaft, BMR springs, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relo brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, GT500 USM's, MGW shifter

#9 Old 02-06-2010, 02:07 PM
pacx12
Shift_lurker

Front right abs sensor

Hey boys
Just wondering if anyone could help me find a abs sensor for the front right side (front passenger side) i got a 2004 nissan titan 4wd please let me know
#10 Old 02-06-2010, 03:09 PM
BiXLL
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

only place you can get it is from Nissan. A member and former sponsor Jerseyparts can get it for you if you PM him, there is Fontana Nissan, one of our newer sponsers (http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/member.php?u=16900) there is also Courtesy Nissan which is one of the bigger online OEM parts dealers. Just a matter of who you can get the best deal from.

Born-4/27/04
Adopted-7/25/04
Smoke SE CC 4X4

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode