Anyone find a solution to the cruise control issue? - Nissan Titan Forum
User Tag List

#1 Old 12-04-2008, 12:26 PM
fropleyquark
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone find a solution to the cruise control issue?

Ive been digging through threads and see that Im not the only one having issues with the cruise control. When I turn mine on the set light just flashes. Apparently thats pretty common. I know theres a TSB for the 04's but mines an 05 and outta warranty. Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-04-2008, 03:26 PM
54warrior
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to 54warrior
Interesting. This is the first I've read about this issue. Good luck getting your problem solved.

2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4
6" Stage 1 Procomp Lift, SAW Coilovers-Front, Bilstein 5125 Series Shocks-Rear, Total Chaos Shackles, Custom Skid Plates
35x12.50-18 Kumho Road Venture M/T, 18x9" KMC Addict's, PRG Billet Drive Shaft Spacer, PRG Street Traction Bars, Hella 500 Series Driving Lights
#3 Old 12-04-2008, 03:36 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
First, check fuse #15, a 10 amp located in the fuse block at the right side of the dash.
If the fuse is OK check the ASCD switch at the top of the brake pedal. There are two switches there; the top one is the ACSD (cruise) switch, the lower one is the brake light switch. This switch should be in the closed position when the brake pedal is in the fully up position (not depressed).
When the ignition switch is "On" there should be 12 volts on both connecting wires. Check between each wire and ground for voltage.
When the brake pedal is depressed the switch opens, and there should be 12 volts on only one wire.
#4 Old 12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
fropleyquark
Shift_lurker

src38, hey thanks! Thats some good info.

I had already checked the fuses earlier but went ahead and double checked again. No problems there. Same with the switch> 12v (actually bout 11.7 or 11.8 but probably due to sticking the pin to any old ground) on both wires with the pedal up and only 1 with pedal depressed. So.... any other ideas?
#5 Old 12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
There are several other things that will cause your problem. However, to find the problem you need the Consult connected to find the problem.
Faults in the ASCD system will not cause the engine light to come on, but they will be read out when the Consult is connected. You will have to find something with a Consult, and that usually means a visit to a dealer.

A couple of other things you can check:

Are your brake lights working OK? If not the ASCD won't work.
Have you changed wheels/tires to a diameter that is much different from stock?
This can cause a problem. The speed control looks at two different sources for the speed signal; from a sensor in the transmission and from a sensor in the wheel. If the two signals don't read close to the same the system won't work.
#6 Old 12-04-2008, 08:44 PM
04titanss
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Try this, when the SET light is flashing, with the key off, pull the fuse for the gauges. The fuse block on the lower right side of the dash, right column (closest to the door) 3rd 10amp fuse from the bottom. This will kill all power to the cluster and reset it and will tell you if it is in the gauges or somewhere else in the truck, like the speed sensor, ABS, etc......

Yes, if there is a problem with the cluster and the ECU see's a big enough difference in speed info, it will cause the same problem you have now. This happens if i try to set my Hypertech Speedo Reclabrator to far out of spec. IE: Set for 26" DR's and install 32.6" stock tires with out resetting.

2004 XE KC Performance Mods: UNDER GROUND
Quickest UNTUNED Titan 13.900 @ 96.67mph
N/A Tuned Non Cammed 13.180@102.31

04 XE Mod List

Rosetta Stone by HRTKD Part Number List by baseballfanz

07 Pipes w/ 22" M/F Sound Clip

#7 Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
fropleyquark
Shift_lurker

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

No theres nothing wrong with my break lights, they work. Tires/Wheels are stock. This sucks.

Well.... I just had new tires mounted today. I could take it back and tell them that the CC stopped working. Thats dishonest though. Damn conscience.
#8 Old 12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Kingoftheroad
Shift_Obsessed

Good info scr38 !!!

I know who I'm going to if I have trouble with my truck !

This is the first I've heard of this.

Hope you get your cruise fix.
#9 Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 PM
rebel1305
Shift_Enthusiast

mine did that the other day and mine is an 08 i just pulld over turnd my truck off for a min and then just took off and it was fine hasnt did it since

2009 CC SE , White, 2WD, Big Tow, VDC, Sunroof, RF System, Bed Liner, Bed Trac

Performance: Bully Dog Tuned, 2* Timing Advance, K&N FIPK Gen II, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, Dualed out with 2 one chamber mufflers with 3'' tips

Exterior: 20'' Rims, Stainless Step Rails, Stainless Bed Rails, 4 pc. Billet Grille, Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Tailgate Pc., 3% Tint All Around
#10 Old 12-05-2008, 07:11 AM
fropleyquark
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1305
mine did that the other day and mine is an 08 i just pulld over turnd my truck off for a min and then just took off and it was fine hasnt did it since
Yeah initially when the problem started I did the same thing, just turn it off and all is good. Thatll eventually progress into it working less and less until finally, no more. Go get it looked at befroe the warranty expires or youll be in the same boat I am. Search Cruise Control here in the forums and you'll see quite a few people have had this problem.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode