User Tag List

#1 Old 09-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Drummer0314
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dash Removal Help!!!!!

Can Someone Give Me Step By Step Help On How To Remove The Center Silver Part Of The Dash In The Center On My Titan. Possibly Pictures Please...

2008 Nissan Titan CC XE Majestic Blue, Big Tow, Dynomax Bullets, Xtreme Rhino-Lined Badges, 6" Pro Comp Lift (Stage I), Alpine IVA-W505, MTX 604, MTX 801D, 20x8.5, +10 Offset XD775 Rockstars, 35x12.50x20 Toyo M/T's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-13-2009, 03:55 AM
amtitan808
Shift_Fanatic

Ive never done it before but I remember there were a few posts about this. I think you just have pry it out with a flat head or you might be able to just use your fingers. If that doesnt help then do a search. Im sure BBF and others will chime sooner or later, good luck.

2008 KC XE Galaxy Black
Mods for now - Viper alarm, Westin step bars, Spal power windows and lock kit
20% tint+factory back windows 35% up front, Armada air dam, JBA muffler swap w/ JBA tip, Billet grille, JDM black euro tails
Bedlined front and rear bumper, upper grille, shorty antennae, OEM trailer hitch
Plastidipped wiper cowl and emblems
Armaden LEDs inside and out, DDM 8000k HIDs

Mods coming soon - Still searching for a CAI, Tuner
My other ride - God's Chariot OO=[][]=OO
#3 Old 09-14-2009, 10:56 AM
ansin529
Shift_Enthusiast

It is really easy.

To remove the face plate (which is where the radio controls are), all you have to do is stick a flat tip screwdriver or plastic utensil in between the seam across the top of this face plate. You will spread it apart far enough for you to get your finger inside the gap. This face plate mearly snaps into place. Please do not let the sounds of the plastic scare you away from removing this plate. It is NOT attached by any screws whatsoever. Start out by pulling the top half of this face plate out followed by the bottom. It is snapped in place on each corner.

***This only removes the stereo/air conditioning controls faceplate. If you would like to then remove the surrounding molding beyond this, there are some screws you will have to remove. This one will take you a little more time, but is really easy to remove as well.

If this does not help, I will surely take some pictures for you and load them later this afternoon. I hope that this helps. You can call me if you would prefer and I will walk you right through it over the phone.
Chris

2004 Nissan Titan: Custom Interior (my creation),Custom Interior Lighting (my creation), Custom Audio (my creation), Burn-Out Mod, Blacked out Tailights, Black headlights with Leds and Halos, Duckbill Spoiler (my creation), Badge Removal, Throttle Body Coolant Bypass, 3 1/2" Aluminum CAI, Rear of Truck Lowered 3", Dual Exhaust, Street Scene Roll Pan,Custom Upper/Lower Grill (my creation), Tailgate Handle Relocation/Shaved Tailgate (my creation), Toneau Cover, Cowl-Induction Hood (my creation),Liquid Metal 20s/ Falken Tires,Tonneau Cover, Green Underbody Lighting, Custom Fog Light Covers (my creation) and Three Gauge A Pillar.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fayett...b/102052728678
#4 Old 09-14-2009, 11:37 AM
baseballfanz
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to baseballfanz Send a message via MSN to baseballfanz Send a message via Yahoo to baseballfanz
Some visual help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lidc.jpg
Views:	1754
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	45304   Click image for larger version

Name:	lidd.jpg
Views:	1897
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	45305  

Titan/Armada part numbers

Nissan's OBD II codes

Truetrac 305.5 WHP 370.4 ft/lbs tq.
#5 Old 10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
christenayuca
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansin529 View Post
It is really easy.

To remove the face plate (which is where the radio controls are), all you have to do is stick a flat tip screwdriver or plastic utensil in between the seam across the top of this face plate. You will spread it apart far enough for you to get your finger inside the gap. This face plate mearly snaps into place. Please do not let the sounds of the plastic scare you away from removing this plate. It is NOT attached by any screws whatsoever. Start out by pulling the top half of this face plate out followed by the bottom. It is snapped in place on each corner.

***This only removes the stereo/air conditioning controls faceplate. If you would like to then remove the surrounding molding beyond this, there are some screws you will have to remove. This one will take you a little more time, but is really easy to remove as well.

If this does not help, I will surely take some pictures for you and load them later this afternoon. I hope that this helps. You can call me if you would prefer and I will walk you right through it over the phone.
Chris
thanks i wanted to do this and got stuck there to thanks!!!now i can finish

IRC VK56 Member "Spec Ops"
2007KC UpRe tuned(tuned by secret service auto)
1/413.5@ 100 (San Antonio raceway)
1/4 14.2@ 95.06 (El Paso raceway DA6000)
* And still need to get retune *
----------------
#6 Old 12-04-2009, 03:29 PM
kanuspel
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
Some visual help.

Where exactly did these diagrams come from? I need to get that book asap!

-Bobby V
08 Titan SE *deceased*
12 Pro4X
#7 Old 12-04-2009, 04:51 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuspel View Post
Where exactly did these diagrams come from? I need to get that book asap!
The Titan Service Manual.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode