User Tag List

post #1 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
chyzm
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner

Need help please. I got my Tuner in the mail last week. Had some problems trying to get the unit to download to the ECU. Thought I might have a corrupted file. Followed instructions on how to format SD card. Once completed I attempted to get the GTidf.bin file from the website listed in the book. Website is not valid. Now my unit cannot be recognized by the updater software. Bully Dog has no GT files listed on thier site and they are closed til Tuesday. I think I am going nuts knowing the unit is sitting in front of me as I type and I cannot use it.
Anyone out there have the unit and could send me the GTidf.bin file off their SD card via email?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 11:01 AM
BiXLL
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to BiXLL
Your first post and your asking for someone to send you copyrighted material, something does not sound right to me! I would like to see a pic of your truck, a pic of your unit, and to be honest would kinda like to know why you never posted here before asking for someone to do something like this at our site!

Born-4/27/04
Adopted-7/25/04
Smoke SE CC 4X4
Popular Captain, Big Tow, Utili-trak, Bed Extender,Fog Lights, OEM Seat Covers, Truxedo Lo Pro, Xm SkiFi 2, Bushwacker FenderFlares, APS Billet Grill, Weathertech Vent Visors, Lund Bug Shield, Stainless Door Pillars, Stainless Window Sills, Chrome Tailgate trim, Challanger Tube Steps, X-Pel Paint Protection, Front Tint, PIAA Silicone Wipers, Gibson 3" Stainless Single, Volant CAI, Airaid TB Spacer, ECO Fuel System, 2% Timing Advance, Active Tuning Ground Kit, DR Coilovers , Total Chaos arms, Bilstien 5100s, Deaver 2 1/2" Rear Spring Pack, Pro Comp Extreme 1079s. BFG AT 315x70x17, LM Bull Bar, PIAA Driving Lights, Wireless Keypad, Remote Start, under seat gun safe
post #3 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
chyzm
Shift_lurker

Here is the pics you requested. Apparently the GTidf.bin file is used so the unit can be recognized by the updater software. I just joined to see if I can get some assistance on this issue. The unit actually gave me an error 440 code when trying to download to the ECU. Bully Dog has been closed since Thursday. I have no intention of any misuse of the file. I am just trying to get my unit updated and running.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_10871.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	46058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_10861.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	46059  
post #4 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 11:52 AM
BiXLL
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to BiXLL
OK, hope you understand my caution here, we have had others seeking like info before for pirate type operations. I don't have Bully Dog myself so I can not help you.

Hope to se more of you on the site!

Born-4/27/04
Adopted-7/25/04
Smoke SE CC 4X4
Popular Captain, Big Tow, Utili-trak, Bed Extender,Fog Lights, OEM Seat Covers, Truxedo Lo Pro, Xm SkiFi 2, Bushwacker FenderFlares, APS Billet Grill, Weathertech Vent Visors, Lund Bug Shield, Stainless Door Pillars, Stainless Window Sills, Chrome Tailgate trim, Challanger Tube Steps, X-Pel Paint Protection, Front Tint, PIAA Silicone Wipers, Gibson 3" Stainless Single, Volant CAI, Airaid TB Spacer, ECO Fuel System, 2% Timing Advance, Active Tuning Ground Kit, DR Coilovers , Total Chaos arms, Bilstien 5100s, Deaver 2 1/2" Rear Spring Pack, Pro Comp Extreme 1079s. BFG AT 315x70x17, LM Bull Bar, PIAA Driving Lights, Wireless Keypad, Remote Start, under seat gun safe
post #5 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
chyzm
Shift_lurker

I totally understand. I am just frustrated that the manufacturer would advise on performing an action (formatting SD card) and providing an invalid site address to get a file so the unit can be recognized. I understand document material info expires over time due to technology but at least provide alternative info on their website to assist customers. Especially when shutting down operations for the holidays. All other unit files are available on their website. Lack of support in my opinion. I am just venting, sorry.
Thanks for responding though.
post #6 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 01:03 PM
suddenurge
Shift_Obsessed

I think what you are looking for has been done before. Someone here with a BDGT might be able to transfer the file. Bully Dog usually has good customer support, but it is the holidays. I would be climbing up a tree if I had a programmer and couldn't use it.

Chicago area 05 KC SE 4x2 FFV, smoke, 2.94 gearing. Mods: Hypertech Max Energy, JBA catback, Airaid 4" MXP CAI, Hellwig HD traction springs, 08 rear shackles, Nasta nerf bars, Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub, Autoenginuity/enhanced Nissan software. Best full street trim (5120#) 1/4 mile track time of 14.632 running Bully Dog 87+2 and S&B CAI.
post #7 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
chyzm
Shift_lurker

Yes, I am going nuts. All I need is the GTidf.bin file or a valid site address to get the file. The book states the files is what allows the Update Agent to identify the SD card as a GT SD card. Agent no longer sees the device since there is no file.
Have you seen another post on this issue?
post #8 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 03:03 PM
suddenurge
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chyzm View Post
Yes, I am going nuts. All I need is the GTidf.bin file or a valid site address to get the file. The book states the files is what allows the Update Agent to identify the SD card as a GT SD card. Agent no longer sees the device since there is no file.
Have you seen another post on this issue?
Yes, I have somewhere...lol. Do an advanced title search using the words BDGT problem or Bully Dog GT problem and see what surfaces. You might need to look at Titantalk.com also.

Chicago area 05 KC SE 4x2 FFV, smoke, 2.94 gearing. Mods: Hypertech Max Energy, JBA catback, Airaid 4" MXP CAI, Hellwig HD traction springs, 08 rear shackles, Nasta nerf bars, Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub, Autoenginuity/enhanced Nissan software. Best full street trim (5120#) 1/4 mile track time of 14.632 running Bully Dog 87+2 and S&B CAI.
post #9 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 03:41 PM
HudsonValleyTitan
Shift_Hardcore

I have the BDPP so I can't really help but just to ask a stupid question....did you update the unit when you got it? BD says the PP has to be updated before use so I figure they all do. Good luck. Worse case is....you have to wait til Tuesday. It'll be worth the wait!
post #10 of 24 Old 12-27-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
chyzm
Shift_lurker

When I got the unit I ran the update. I then connected it to my Titan and tried to download the performance option. The unit ran through the process for about 5 minutes then kicked back an error code 440 New Part Number and to contact BD. I tried updating again it one more time with the same error. I formatted the SD card thinking maybe the card had a corrupted file. Followed instructions to perform format but the site they advise to get the file is no longer valid.
The message on their recording is that they will be out of the office from the 24th til the 29th for the holidays. I am thinking I might want to go work for them since they have a nice holiday vacation. Must be nice.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode