User Tag List

#1 Old 02-03-2010, 09:05 PM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Used Seafoam Yesterday

I know there are some mixed feelings about using seafoam, but i thought i'd give it a try. got 62k on the T, and i do alot of driving. started to notice my shifting getting a little laggy, and my idles were alittle rough. so i run 1/3 of a can through the vacuum hose and did the steps. when i started back up, i got very little smoke, but i noticed a huge difference in performance. my shifts are now almost seamless. can't feel any jerking in the shift and they are much smoother sounding. idles are quite. I idle at about 500 rpm now. not sure if that's good or bad, i'm leaning towards good. feels smooth when i top out at a speed. I almost fell asleep on the road because she was just purring like a kitten at 80 mph. lol. I don't know how you guys all feel about it, but i was impressed. and i still have 2/3 of a can left.

04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-03-2010, 11:14 PM
TitanBlue
Shift_Obsessed

That's good input! I don't like doing any cleaning of the engine, but Seafoam is a pretty popular cleaner, and I could see a cleaner used in a particularly defined manner, being effective.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit and 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director
#3 Old 02-04-2010, 12:52 AM
DIRTY DEEDS
Shift_Newbie

I've been using Seafoam for years in my bikes ,cars, etc. with good results. A great prod. for the money. Have not put it in my Titan yet since it's still low mileage and running clean. Tried BG 44K that cost a lot more but did not notice a difference..

YOU CAN'T BE SOMEBODY, TILL YOU STOP BEING NOBODY!!!
#4 Old 02-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Dubie2003
Shift_Enthusiast

Did you change your plugs after the SF treatment? IT has been reported that they get fouled in the process and need to be changed. It may be worth looking into if you havn't swapped them yet.
#5 Old 02-04-2010, 06:14 AM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore

haven't changed plugs. but was considering doing that before i Seafoamed. actually. because i didn't need to swap plugs is why i decided to go with SF. didn't know of the fouling out of plugs. haven't had any probs yet, but i'll look into it. Thnx.

04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
#6 Old 02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
dedonx
Shift_lurker

Send a message via AIM to dedonx Send a message via Yahoo to dedonx
I have heard great things about seafoam, but it seems like people have heard/had negative things?

So Far, So Good...
#7 Old 02-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Dubie2003
Shift_Enthusiast

Most that have issues do something wrong or don't read the directions.

They add it to the crank case and run it too long. They don't know it can foul the plugs and have an odd idle afterwards. They run too much thru the vacuum line. There are a lot of things that can go wrong if you don't read the directions.
#8 Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore

yeah, i ran my though the vacuum line and killed the engine quick when the SF went in. not a prob. i'm gonna run some in the gas this weekend.

#9 Old 02-04-2010, 11:56 PM
TitanBlue
Shift_Obsessed

On our ONAN Generators at work, we use an ONAN Brand Decarb Spray called 4C. Basically same stuff as SeaFoam I think, It cleans the carbon well, but it is always done before you change the oil, just so the fresh oil is not contaminated. If Plugs are also due for a change, I will Decarb first.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit and 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director
#10 Old 02-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Crazyasian1
Shift_Enthusiast

stupid question maybe... which hose is the vacuum hose? can someone post a pic?

The Truck: 2007 SE/CC 4x4, SE Popular, Big Tow and Utility Bed pkgs.

The Mods: S & B CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back exhaust, 2* TA, PRG Performance 4" lift, Deavers and PRG Shackles in the rear, Extang Trifecta

The Job: USAF SECURITY FORCES Active Duty 1995 - ??? --- Dyess AFB, Tx; Kunsan AB, Korea; Patrick AFB, FL; Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait; Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates; Balad AB/LSA Anaconda, Iraq; Offutt AFB, NE, and currently Chantilly, VA

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode