Kendall synthetic with liquid titanium!!! - Nissan Titan Forum
User Tag List

#1 Old 03-31-2010, 12:00 PM
lewis05
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kendall synthetic with liquid titanium!!!

I was at my friend's auto shop yesterday and came upon a shop magazine that i started to look at to check out the latest automotive service information. In it, i found an ad from Kendall synthetic motor oil that states that they are now adding liquid titanium to improve engine performance and longevity. They state that the liquid titanium adheres to the metal, especially in the valvetrain for better protection. I've never heard of using liquid titanium as an oil additive before but it's worth looking into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
mcginkleschmidt
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis05 View Post
I was at my friend's auto shop yesterday and came upon a shop magazine that i started to look at to check out the latest automotive service information. In it, i found an ad from Kendall synthetic motor oil that states that they are now adding liquid titanium to improve engine performance and longevity. They state that the liquid titanium adheres to the metal, especially in the valvetrain for better protection. I've never heard of using liquid titanium as an oil additive before but it's worth looking into it.
I don't know anything about this oil and this is the first I've heard of it, but it sound a lot like the ol' Slick 50 story revisited. I'd would be very suspect but Kendall will probably sell a boatload of it anyway. Slick 50 was a hot item until it was found to be worthless and actually detrimental to one's engine.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
#3 Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
BuenasNalgas
Shift_Obsessed

I don't know anything of this liquid titanium that your speaking of, but do know that Kendall does make a good motor oil in general.......

#4 Old 03-31-2010, 04:25 PM
HudsonValleyTitan
Shift_Hardcore

I won't ever add something that claims to "stick" to internals. Titanium is a metal...no thanks. Haven't we learned anything from that whole Slick50 scam?
#5 Old 03-31-2010, 04:35 PM
lewis05
Shift_Newbie

Yes, it does bring back memories about Slick 50 from back in the 1980's. I'm currently using Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30 HD oil and don't plan on using anything else. I've been using Amsoil lubricants for quite awhile and don't have any problems with them whatsoever. It just so happens that i ran into this information and thought about all those oil additives that companies have used in the past claiming all sort of things.
#6 Old 03-31-2010, 04:40 PM
HudsonValleyTitan
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis05 View Post
Yes, it does bring back memories about Slick 50 from back in the 1980's. I'm currently using Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30 HD oil and don't plan on using anything else. I've been using Amsoil lubricants for quite awhile and don't have any problems with them whatsoever. It just so happens that i ran into this information and thought about all those oil additives that companies have used in the past claiming all sort of things.
I'd stick to what's been working for you. I use Mobil1 and you're using Amsoil....top notch oils that have been time proven. They always have a way of making things sound wonderful, so much so that you'd be willing to try it. And maybe it is ok, I'm just very picky and question everything. This attitude has treated me well over the years..lol
#7 Old 05-21-2010, 05:36 AM
borrows123
Shift_lurker

04' XE King 4x4 Smoke, uprev tuned, trutrac, transgo shift kit, doug thorley long tube headers, Gibson cat-back, K&N FIPK intake, 07 intake manifold, 170* t-stat, 2 1/4 b-pipes, NGK iridium plugs, relentless catch can, TB bypass, TB screen removed, 2 ga. grounding kit, 05 rear diff cover, 17" custom painted SSC rims, Sony 1100 w digi amp, 2 kenwood 10's, 20 % window tint, 2/4 belltech/springtech drop, MrGrille 4pcs insert, armada airdam, custom painted bumper, nightshade tails, and DDM 8000k HID's

Information on T-Mobile and bands with names with How to submit video and OPCODE
#8 Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM
SMOKEDYA2
Shift_Hardcore

why did you post my signature?

IRC VK56 Member "Promotions Crew"
Randy

0 to 60 in 5.66 seconds
1/4 mile in 13.91@96.15mph

04' XE King 4x4 Smoke, uprev tuned, trutrac, transgo shift kit, doug thorley long tube headers, Gibson Y pipe, magnaflow muff, ram air, K&N FIPK intake, 07 intake manifold, 170* t-stat, 2 1/4 b-pipes, NGK iridium plugs, relentless catch can, TB bypass, TB screen removed, 2 ga. grounding kit, 05 rear diff cover, 17" custom painted SSC rims, Sony 1100 w digi amp, 2 kenwood 10's, 20 % window tint, 2/4 belltech/springtech drop, MrGrille 4pcs insert, armada airdam, custom painted bumper, nightshade tails, and DDM 8000k HID's
#9 Old 05-21-2010, 03:25 PM
BuenasNalgas
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEDYA2 View Post
why did you post my signature?
LOL!!! That's interesting, but going by his screen name maybe he just wants to borrow your mods or even your truck...........

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode