User Tag List

post #1 of 3 Old 10-14-2011, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
adidas99
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to adidas99
Exclamation DTC CODES p1757 & p1759 please help...

Last Friday we had some bad storms down here in FL and that night I went threw a decent size puddle i did not think it was too bad..but soon after my SES light came on and it was in limp mode the tranny was stuck in 4th. I pulled over and hooked up my uprev cable and pulled the codes and 1st it was 1759 and then 1759 for the Front Brake Solenoid Valve, Control Valve assembly Unit. I have searched on the boards and seen alot of people have had to replace the TCU which is 800+ I let the truck set for a few days and then I cleared the codes and then drove down the road and the SES came back on and its stuck in 4th agin..also sometimes when i start the truck the AT CHECK light will flash 3 or 4 times and then go off. And the BRAKE SLIP ABS light will blink on and off at the same time... do you think i shorted something or did the TCU just happen to go out when i hit the water is there anything elese i should check...would the TCU going out cause the BRAKE,SLIP,ABS lights to flash on and off...I checked all the fluids looked ok..now the truck does have 140k miles..any help or suggestions would be great...Thanks:bangit:

Volant 2nd gen CAI w/Amsoil dry filter,Stillen LT headers,Magna flow Cats,Custom 2.5" exhaust with a 22'' Magana Flow 2-in-1-out muffler,Uprev Tuned, Cross drilled & slotted rotors,Grounding Kit,6k HIDs and 5k HIDs fogs,Swaped inside lights to L.E.Ds,LED Tail lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
You may have water in the comm connector to the transmission. This has happened with others. Check the connector on the right side of the transmission. Unplug the cable and be sure there is no moisture in it. See attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Transmission comm connector.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	49130  
post #3 of 3 Old 10-14-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
adidas99
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to adidas99
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr38 View Post
You may have water in the comm connector to the transmission. This has happened with others. Check the connector on the right side of the transmission. Unplug the cable and be sure there is no moisture in it. See attachment.
Yeah I just got back in from trying that..I unplugged it and blew some compressed air into both sides of the plug and let it sit unplugged for few min and then hooked it back up cleared the code and drove down the street and as soon as it hit 3rd the ses light came on and it locked into 4Th again... I'm pretty sure its going to cost me...

Volant 2nd gen CAI w/Amsoil dry filter,Stillen LT headers,Magna flow Cats,Custom 2.5" exhaust with a 22'' Magana Flow 2-in-1-out muffler,Uprev Tuned, Cross drilled & slotted rotors,Grounding Kit,6k HIDs and 5k HIDs fogs,Swaped inside lights to L.E.Ds,LED Tail lights.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode