User Tag List

#1 Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Sullman
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Should it stay or should it go?

My 2005 Titan SE Crew is 7 years old with 85k. I was considering down sizing to an Xterra till I tried to get in it! (I am 6'1 and 290lbs). That was sure funny to see.. I couldn't get in it! So then I went to look at a 2011 Pro 4X Titan the dealer had. I bought my titan 1 year old with 14K on it. I like to buy vehicles this way. So I hopped in the 4X that had no running boards, no bedliner and a pretty minimal set of options inside. Movable peddles are important so my petite wife can reach them without having to move the seat into the stearing wheel. So as I looked at the $28,500 they were asking with 20k on it... and looked at my truck... The decision became easy. I am keeping it! I need to do some maintenance on it tires/shocks and an exhaust manifold but heck $2000 is pale to the new 2013 SV I looked at still with not as many options that I have with the nice $40k sticker.
I don't see a lot of Titans for sale. So now that I have made this decision how many miles can I expect to get out of this beast with normal driving habbits... Other than a pesky rear wheel bearing assemply that has been replaced twice... it has been a great truck. How many out there have a 2005 and how is yours doing.

-Sullman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM
04offroadtitan
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
well I had an 04 that I traded in on a 2010 pro4x that had a little over 140k and I drove it pretty hard. I think u can easily expect 200k out of it but there will be some maintenance items and some things that will need to be fixed

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

New ride: 2010 Crew Cab Pro-4x; Volant Powercore intake; Magnaflow muffler swap
Coming Soon PRg leveling kit
Old Ride:2004 King Cab LE with Off-Road and Big Tow
PRG Leveling Kit, JBA Cat-Back Exhaust w/ SLP Loudmouth muffler,New Volant Powercore Intake,2 degree advance,Axle Vent Mod, Stillen Differential Cover w/M1 75w-140
Other rides: 2008 Armada SE; All stock and will probably stay that way since it is the wifes. We'll see.
2004 Dodge 1500; Wifes first truck so we kust kept it. All stock.
1972 Ford F100 Ranger XLT; 360 with cam, headers, edelbrock 600, Edelbrock Al. Intake, straight pipe dumped below cab. Its loud. (thinking about possioble VK56 swap in the future when done with school)
#3 Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
BigA
Shift_Hardcore

My 05 has 77K on it, still looks and drives like new. I'm thinking within the next year I may see what else is out thier, but it depends what they would give me for my 05. If next to nothing I can't see trading in something thats in good shape if I can't get anything out of it.

Current
2014 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab 4x4

Previous
2005 Nissan Titan SE 4x2 Radiant Silver, Big Tow, Popular Package with Captains chairs, OEM Foglights, Bugsheild, Bedliner, XM/Sirius Radio
#4 Old 11-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Sullman
Shift_lurker

I agree...

its been paid for since 2009... Its been very dependable. They said I would get 10,500 on a trade...I wasn't getting a lot for 18k... If I take it to 120K miles that will be 3 more years at my present rate. It is garaged all the time and well maintained so I think I am making the right choice.
#5 Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 PM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore

you are in my book. that sounded like a crappy pro-x you tried, to have little features. my wife has a x-terra. i'm 6'4, 330lbs. so i know how you feel about driving that! lol. i'm at 97k on my 04. and i plan to get another 50k out of her easy. not even sure i could live with trading it in if i had the choice.

04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
#6 Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Wyatt
Shift_Newbie

My 04 has 145k and still runs like a rapped ape(as my Dad would say). I work it hard and pull a 7000#TT for fun. Mine is paid for with a ton of aftermarket stuff.....so,...I'll be keeping it. Besides...the truck does everything really well! Everytime I think I want something new,.......I realize Hey,...no truck payment!
#7 Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Sullman
Shift_lurker

Just about like new -- I am keeping it

So here's what I did...

2005 SE Crew 85K - been bought and paid for since 09...

Had a groaning noise in the front from 25-40 really noticable. It was the front drivers bearing. Leaking in the rear were the dam rear axles seals again.

I put on new Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza's 265x70r18
New bearing on drivers front left and did both rear kits
New Bilstien 5100's 1.5" up --> Also new springs as they were cracked

It drives like new. No...New, it never felt this good. That 1.5" of liftis really noticable.

Last thing is the drivers seat skin is toast. I called my local dealer and they wanted $287. I looked at the new Wet Okole seat covers at $250 which I then watched 30 minutes of video to install them. Then I remember you folks here using courtesy nissan in texas. I called them and the skin was really $94. It is enroute and my local upholstry guy is going to replace it and will use the good material on the old one to fix a section on the bottom seat skin -- one estimated about $160 labor so for $254 I will be functionally getting a new drivers seat and they are adding foam back in as well.

So at this point I am about $2500 into it. Can't buy a truck this nice for $2500!

Thanks for the input and this site has a wealth of information that has saved me $$$

-Sullman

PS> How do I get my truck picture in here like you gus have?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode